Home > General & Technical (L663) > Insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
lightning

United Kingdom 
Re: Hmm
Swac3 wrote:
Well I was just about to post my rant that Direct line just increased our premium to £478 for renewal from last years £256 but it seem this is a trend.

Not sure how they're justifying that scale of rise its not our risk/experience so have repair costs doubled, Cheapest alternative on the compare sites was Churchill at £325.

Sigh, weird how my wages haven't doubled in the last 12 months along with my bills.

Gary

Sadly it's likely due to that amount of Land Rovers that are being stolen, although new Defenders don't seem to be on the thieves hit list.

But if you look on Landywatch Discovery's, Range Rovers and Velars are being stolen at the rate of several every day.
Post #977577 11th Jan 2023 2:11pm
walfy

I've just changed from Puma 110 to new 110. Insured with NFU and the new one is £10 a month dearer than the Puma. So happy with that 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #977593 11th Jan 2023 3:29pm
Blacksheep

Re: Hmm
lightning wrote:
Swac3 wrote:
Well I was just about to post my rant that Direct line just increased our premium to £478 for renewal from last years £256 but it seem this is a trend.

Not sure how they're justifying that scale of rise its not our risk/experience so have repair costs doubled, Cheapest alternative on the compare sites was Churchill at £325.

Sigh, weird how my wages haven't doubled in the last 12 months along with my bills.

Gary

Sadly it's likely due to that amount of Land Rovers that are being stolen, although new Defenders don't seem to be on the thieves hit list.

But if you look on Landywatch Discovery's, Range Rovers and Velars are being stolen at the rate of several every day.

Same story for me, mine more than doubled on renewal (£250/£550 Direct Line) and I live the remote highlands. Insurance companies increasing their profit? Time is precious, waste it wisely...

Defender 90 D200
Post #977599 11th Jan 2023 4:00pm
XplusYplusZ

I just moved from 15 years of company cars, to my privately owned new defender - so I've been firmly bent over a barrel. The best I was quoted was just over £1000 with Hastings Direct. Admiral/DirectLine were almost triple that..

The Tracker apparently didnt make a jot of difference. Neither did parking it in a locked carpark vs. my normal street parking... very weird.

I do wish they'd be more transparent on how the different factors affect the pricing.

For example: my company car was once dinged whilst parked. As it's a company car, I was forced to get it repaired via insurance. I had to declare it in my insurance quotation, but I have no idea how someone else's error has affected my insurance quote..
If the insurance companies were more transparent, I might have considered paying to repair it out of pocket - saving them AND me money.
Post #977602 11th Jan 2023 4:17pm
Swac3

A plan
WOW, well A-PLAN got back to us best they could manage was £900 ! so thats not happening

Lets see what direct line say when confronted with the 325 quate from Churchill 3 Landrovers
Post #977738 12th Jan 2023 2:59pm
Swac3

Does there seem to be any difference between the hike in cost between commercials and regular ones,

ours is a D90 commercial we had wondered if it was the fact it comes up as Van insurance with everyone now.

Got it down to 360 with Direct line, annoying they couldnt offer that to start with and usually thats enough of a reason for me to just switch but hey ho, I'll take it. 3 Landrovers
Post #977740 12th Jan 2023 3:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12