↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Rear Camera View Changed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Sepp

Germany 
On my 2020 I did have a reversing camera view without spare wheel. Did have camera alignment problems resulting in some kind of striped view especially at clear ground view (very important feature to impress your children). To fix it, having had a new calibration and/or software update, don't know what exactly the dealer did. Since then I do see a bit of the spare wheel at reversing camera, too. To me no reason to bother.
Post #975131 19th Dec 2022 3:05pm
39Steps

Thanks Sepp.

Interesting how seeing the spare doesn't bother you, but does me! We are all different. I think if it had been a shorter time of seeing a totally clear view I may have not found the changed view so jarring, but all I can focus on now is the bottom of the spare!

The car is still with LR dealer, with another camera being fitted tomorrow afternoon.

It maybe something we have to accept, however I still cannot find a reason as to why LR think it is acceptable to change a very clear view to partially seeing the spare, it doesn't seem to bring any benefits.
Post #975197 20th Dec 2022 1:24am
haymeister

Japan 
39steps: Could it be a different module was used during replacement? Sometimes it happens (for a host of reasons)

On my previous car, the reverse camera konked out and luckily I got it replaced under warranty. The resolution was better and there was a wider field (but inadvertedly got a bit of bumper) 22MY Defender 110 D300 S in Pangea Green and Contrast White Roof
IG defender_japan "Hulk san"
Post #975198 20th Dec 2022 2:15am
39Steps

Thanks Haymeister, I think you a are probably right and the new camera module has a differing view, it seems the obvious analogy as it had just been changed. I wish LR would look at the situation is slightly more logical way, having dismissed the new camera as causing the issue.

The proof will be in the outcome of the replacement camera currently being fitted, as it is from the Defender I posted the photo of earlier in the thread. In my opinion if the view remains as was then it is fairly clear it is a physical camera issue, if it isn't the presumption is probably going to be a software issue.

As I said earlier if it is what it is then so be it annoying as it will be!

The dealers are one of the better ones and are trying to help the situation but did try and fob us off initially with "you must be mistaken" excuse which was very frustrating!
Post #975260 20th Dec 2022 3:39pm
MHE15

England 
Not sure this helps but for reference; I took delivery of my D300 110 in July this year. I received a software up date on 21 Aug 2022 to version OS 3.3.0. No updates since. My rear camera view includes the bottom of the spare tyre. Unfortunately I cannot recall what it was like prior to update.

However, if it is a software thing it is not a new drop as mine has been like this since August. I would think it is something physical about how the camera is mounted.

Prior to this thread I did not really notice the bit of the wheel but do now, thank you Smile . Good luck with the replacement.
Post #975280 20th Dec 2022 6:08pm
39Steps

Thanks MHE15 for the reply and sorry if you will now look at the rear spare when you reverse!

The last software update we had was the end of the summer, this issue has only happened in the last couple of weeks.

No news today about the new camera fit outcome, I expect I will find out tomorrow, no news is good news I hope!
Post #975292 20th Dec 2022 7:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12