↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Modifications & Maintenance (L663) > You still want a flat floor in your new 90?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

You still want a flat floor in your new 90?
Simon’s latest. Rather him than me and this is a 2 month old £90,000 car! Shocked

I wonder what the problem is that he has referred back to LR?

Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #974503 13th Dec 2022 10:08am
BrickBox

Wales 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
Wouldn’t it be easier to just buy a commercial and have the window covers and bulkhead taken off? 2008 2.4 110 Utility XS.
Post #974510 13th Dec 2022 10:47am
Defendit..

Netherlands 
I think it was an ad-hoc construction anyway. They should have folded flat.
Basically they designed the 110, let's make a short version and see where we run into.
Same as the Front doorcards, armrest to short. Entry to the rear seats to narrow.etc.

But it looks fantastic !

For the flat flooring you need a vertical support behind the front seats, I also made under there storage room

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #974513 13th Dec 2022 10:54am
Tim in Scotland

I have seen a couple of posts on the Fb groups where owners of US based 90’s have taken out the rears seats and replaced them with the 3rd row u it from a 110 7 seater to give a flat floor with no bar. I’ve also seen a conversion where the boot floor has be raised to the same height as the folded seat backs and a locker or drawer put in the raised boot floor, that way you don’t need to mess around with removing anything that may or may not be structural or playing around with the electrics for the seat belt pre-tensioners or the mild hybrid wiring.

Brickbox - one reply I had on an Fb group was that by doing this to a car version you will not have to pay the huge Clean Air Zone entry charges that the Commercial version will be subject to, over the life of the car I would image the avoidance of the CAZ/ULEZ fees will catch up with the saved VAT on a business purchased Commercial 90 as there isn’t a requirement to re-register the passenger car to a commercial. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #974536 13th Dec 2022 12:33pm
BrickBox

Wales 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Zermatt Silver
Thank you for clearing that up. I hadn’t thought of the commercial registration issues.

This now makes complete sense. 2008 2.4 110 Utility XS.
Post #974555 13th Dec 2022 2:30pm
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Tim in Scotland wrote:
I have seen a couple of posts on the Fb groups where owners of US based 90’s have taken out the rears seats and replaced them with the 3rd row u it from a 110 7 seater to give a flat floor with no bar. I’ve also seen a conversion where the boot floor has be raised to the same height as the folded seat backs and a locker or drawer put in the raised boot floor, that way you don’t need to mess around with removing anything that may or may not be structural or playing around with the electrics for the seat belt pre-tensioners or the mild hybrid wiring.

Brickbox - one reply I had on an Fb group was that by doing this to a car version you will not have to pay the huge Clean Air Zone entry charges that the Commercial version will be subject to, over the life of the car I would image the avoidance of the CAZ/ULEZ fees will catch up with the saved VAT on a business purchased Commercial 90 as there isn’t a requirement to re-register the passenger car to a commercial.

I'm not sure if you're implying if it is, but the new Defender Hard Top isn't subject to the London ULEZ charge. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #974575 13th Dec 2022 5:57pm
Brockmoor Howard

Belgium 
I have got my 90 5 seat very nicely converted into a commercial 2 seater with load space completely flattened out with identical original design floor. Cost €2000 +vat
Post #975177 19th Dec 2022 9:49pm
tooslo964

Wales 
That sounds impressive, was that just for the parts ?
Would you have a list of what was required ?
Post #975232 20th Dec 2022 1:06pm
Brockmoor Howard

Belgium 
It came back from builder completely finished.
They return loose the rear seat, so if you are a handy guy you can make a light structure to have a nice
seat in your cargo space or a good relaxing seat for your man cave !
Post #975251 20th Dec 2022 2:50pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Brickbox - one reply I had on an Fb group was that by doing this to a car version you will not have to pay the huge Clean Air Zone entry charges that the Commercial version will be subject to, over the life of the car I would image the avoidance of the CAZ/ULEZ fees will catch up with the saved VAT on a business purchased Commercial 90 as there isn’t a requirement to re-register the passenger car to a commercial.[/quote]

I'm not sure if you're implying if it is, but the new Defender Hard Top isn't subject to the London ULEZ charge.[/quote]

lndeed, sounds like another FB error, the Commercial version is exempt from all U.K. CAZ's

As to the future, who knows, but l don't think it will change until 2030 at the earliest. Most new CV's are still diesel due to the range issues with EV's

VW have an all electric van just come out but when loaded up or towing the range drops to just over 100 miles, no good for a van unless it's all local work.
Post #981604 7th Feb 2023 9:05am
kenzle8a

The only down side of the commercial is lower speed limits.
Post #981606 7th Feb 2023 9:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1