↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > GARAGE CUPBOARDS - SEALEY SUPERLINE PRO
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Litch

England 
GARAGE CUPBOARDS - SEALEY SUPERLINE PRO
Like most people my garage has tended to use whatever base-units, cupboards, workbench etc that I could find at the time and more importantly, would fit the available space.
I have always been pretty lucky and had some half decent Stanley units, a lovely 8ft workbench and so on but having moved house last year I was determined that I would (finally) start from scratch and treat myself to something up a level.

Been looking around for several months and supply-chain issues have been a real problem but having been (almost) waylaid by the SGS Garage Storage System, I finally settled on the Sealey Superline Pro range. These seem to offer a decent compromise between quality and cost while offering all the features I require.
Went for the 2M storage system (AMPSSTACK02W)and 1.6M corner storage system (APMSSTACK08W), both with wooden worktop (preferred this over the optional SS worktop). Others may follow but space is an issue (I also have some HD shelving which I may or maynot get rid to make more room) plus I want to see how I make best use of the storage space I now have.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Shopping around I found that TCD were the cheapest and their delivery was second to none, ordered tea-time Monday and they arrived mid-morning Tuesday!!!
Ordered only one set at a time as I (correctly) thought there would be a lot of boxes and I wanted to be able to store them safely until assembled. The corner unit was first and arrived on two pallets, it was the work of only 30-minutes to unpack and get the (many) boxes into the garage (which was by now bursting at the seams).
Assembled the corner unit today (boy it was cold!) and apart from wishing the instructions were a little clearer at times, have been very impressed. Most cupboards come fully assembled but the base corner-unit has to be built-up which took a while. The biggest problem is that the tall back-panels & supports have to be bolted on from behind meaning that you have to wait until you have the units bolted together before you can slide them into position, not impossible but awkward.
There are no adjustable feet which isn't a problem on my (brand-new / flat) garage floor but it could be an issue for people with a floor not so level. I think feet may be available (there are captive nuts on the underside which look like they will take them) but no mention in the instructions.
Also I am glad to see that I can almost certainly bolt a vice to the worktop which is something I have really missed over the past year.

Will be ordering the 2M system in the week and assemble it next weekend by which time I should have sorted out what is going on what shelf / drawer and I can get rid of many of the storage boxes which have been cluttering up the garage since we moved in.

Will post photos of the actual installation when done and also advise of any other niggles that crop up but so far I am very impressed.
In the meantime, if anyone has any questions then please ask as I found practically no information on the 'web about these units. ONE LIFE, GET IT!
Post #974098 9th Dec 2022 8:36pm
Tr90

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Alveston Red
Amazing system. I went for the same last year and got a great price. Found some magnetic strips from Lidi that fit the racking exactly.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #974099 9th Dec 2022 9:01pm
DuncanS

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
If anyone needs more info on the Sealey ranges, I used to supply them regularly through K&S McKenzie back when I managed the workshops division, and if anyone is wanting to buy them I can sometimes get rakes of the stuff at discounted prices if you don't mind the odd dings to the rear etc. North Cumbria Search and Rescue - Team Leader
Post #974109 9th Dec 2022 10:25pm
Litch

England 
Tr90. Nice set-up.
You have a slightly deeper recess behind the door than me so were able to go full-width across the end-wall whereas I can't do that hence why the corner unit and down the side-wall instead.
Nice spacious units but I am trying to resist the temptation to load them this weekend as I may find that when I install the next set I am moving stuff around again!
Looking forward to the full-height cupboard, that one should swallow most of my power-tools! Thumbs Up

When installed I will sort-out the under-cupboard lights and S/O's on the backboard. ONE LIFE, GET IT!
Post #974132 10th Dec 2022 11:30am
Tr90

United Kingdom 2000 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Alveston Red
Under cabinet lighting sounds like a great idea

Really pleased with the cabinets. Keeps the garage really tidy. The drawers are deep and fit modular trays really well
Post #974162 10th Dec 2022 4:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1