↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Coolant leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ehl

Spain 
Coolant leak
Hi everyone, I own a Defender 110 D200 SE MY 22. The car has been delivered to me in February 2022 and now has 15.000kms on it. Couple of days ago I happened to check first time since new the coolant level and curiously the level was 1 cm. below the minimum line on the reservoir. The car has never given a low coolant level warning on the display and the temperature has never exceeded the middle on the gauge. LR service recommended me to top the coolant with distilled water
up to max level on the reservoir while the engine is cold. I followed their instructions and did so.
Afterward I took the car for a 600km trip and when I arrived and the engine has cooled down completely, I checked once again the level. But this time the level was couple of millimeters below the max level. So do you think this is enough evidence to think that there is a tiny little leak in the system?
Has anyone else experienced any leak or had to top the coolant at any time? Thanks
Post #973387 4th Dec 2022 5:57pm
Tim in Scotland

Plenty of reports of disappearing coolant but on the P400’s not diesels - it is a known issue so worth pressing your dealer for a fix under warranty Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #973416 4th Dec 2022 9:59pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Monitor it and see if it drops any further, don't top up the coolant
Post #973693 6th Dec 2022 9:06pm
zilch

Australia 
We had to have a new coolant expansion tank fitted on ours, not just because of a faulty sensor
reading, but also a slight leak via the sensor itself, very small and only really spotted due to the coolant
leaving white dots when it hit the radiator fan cover area and dried.. It was leaking about
A teaspoon worth every week(ish) .. but no obvious puddles anywhere.. yet another pommie bar steward down under

MY20 110 P400 SE Defender
MY10 3.0 RR Sport
Post #973763 7th Dec 2022 9:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1