Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Vibration at highway speed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ehl

Spain 
Vibration at highway speed
Hello everyone,

I'm a happy owner of a 22MY 110 Defender SE D200 for couple of months now.
What I'm experiencing is a weird vibration at highway speeds but it only occurs if some certain condindions are met. It only appears uphill, when I accelerate or maintain the trottle while steering to the right. I crosschecked couple of times to discard if the vibration was a result of asfalt imperfections but it seems it is present on perfect asfalt as well. Local dealer checked the car and did not identify anything wrong neither on mechanical nor at software side. I've been experiencing the problem since a month now and it persist even after updating the software to the actual version 3.2.0. The car actually has 3200kms.
The vibration apparently comes from the front/left side of the car and it is percieved as if the wheels are unbalanced. However, as it is not present at all times, wheel balance doesn't seem to be the source of the problem. Has anyone else experienced something similar?
Post #948331 6th Apr 2022 1:28pm
Sepp

Germany 
Has the wheels been changed between left/right or front /rear to check for wheel (un)balance influencing the vibration?

As it only appears while steering right, I would suggest front left wheel bearing and/or stabilizers as a potential source. Has this been checked?
Post #949258 13th Apr 2022 10:44am
ehl

Spain 
I've left the car for couple of days at offical service and what they told me is that they've lifted the car and visually checked wheels, suspensions etc. They also told me that any poroblem related to bearings or wheel unbalance would manifest itself at all times and not as it happens to me under some certain circumstances. The only thing is the steering wheel was off center from the factory and they fixed it. How ever the problem persist after they fixed it as well. They've also cosulted to Land Rover internally if same happened to any other vehicle worldwide but no answer has been received. So I'm a bit stuck Sad
Post #949260 13th Apr 2022 11:28am
Sepp

Germany 
Visual inspection instead of meaurements? And they had a couple of days for analysis?

Bearing problems manifest at all times? Well, yes, if you wait until they are completly worn and ignore early indicators.

Sorry, imho your service told you Censored .

Your car is almost brandnew, keep repeating your claim until they solved it.
Post #949268 13th Apr 2022 12:50pm
Moo

Ukraine 
I have the same thing. I've had my car for four weeks and first noticed it on a trip to Milan on super smooth roads. It does it mostly up hill but I can change the effect with the steering wheel.

Did you get any resolution on this?
Post #973022 1st Dec 2022 12:13am
ehl

Spain 
Hi, it took me long time any many debates with the dealer but finally they have changed the front left wheel bearing along with the part that holds the bearing and no more vibrations. Hope this helps.
Post #973030 1st Dec 2022 6:49am
Moo

Ukraine 
Thanks for that. Thumbs Up
Post #973119 1st Dec 2022 8:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1