Home > Puma (Tdci) > P2263-22 ERROR ON 2.2 PUMA
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
philrally74

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Santorini Black
P2263-22 ERROR ON 2.2 PUMA
Hi Guys

I am looking for a little advise if possible - my 2012 2.2 puma has gone into limp mode - it happened after I was towing a trailer with 3t on - the fault icoming up is P2263-22 which is a turbo / air pressure issue etc - I have looked for a cracked/ holed pipe etc nothing - I have run it and the turbo spools up no probs - is there anything glaring that I am missing?

It has previously blown a whopping hole in the intercooler pipe which has been replaced since which time I have had no issues!

Any help would be welcomed

Thanks in advance phil
Post #541781 20th Jun 2016 2:08pm
hornet

The first things I would do:

Check electrical wiring, especially the wires at the plug/cable lugs. There are known issues!
Check actuating motor/leverage at different rpm
Check/clean/replace Mass-flow-sensor
Post #542064 21st Jun 2016 1:22pm
Puma22

United Kingdom 
Re: P2263-22 ERROR ON 2.2 PUMA
philrally74 wrote:
Hi Guys

I am looking for a little advise if possible - my 2012 2.2 puma has gone into limp mode - it happened after I was towing a trailer with 3t on - the fault icoming up is P2263-22 which is a turbo / air pressure issue etc - I have looked for a cracked/ holed pipe etc nothing - I have run it and the turbo spools up no probs - is there anything glaring that I am missing?

It has previously blown a whopping hole in the intercooler pipe which has been replaced since which time I have had no issues!

Any help would be welcomed

Thanks in advance phil

I know this is old now, but did you find a solution?
Post #963917 3rd Sep 2022 6:33pm
Doc P

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Mine needed a new turbo in the end. Recurrent limp mode/MIL light on and a squeal under load from the front of the engine on and off. Fuel consumption more woeful than usual. Same error code. £1500🙄
Post #965697 22nd Sep 2022 11:12am
Ianh

United Kingdom 
See. This from BAS https://bellautoservices.co.uk/p2263/.

First check clips and pipes.

Airbox to turbo.

Turbo to intercooler- note can hole on underside from rubbing on steering column and on side near alternator bolt, however this should have been rectified with brackets fitted on 2.2’s.

Intercooler to inlet manifold, 3 pipes, first rubber, then metal, then a short 90 degree rubber elbow to the inlet manifold. This last pipe can hole on the underside, it’s hard to see and feel and you can get a view from under the vehicle.

Check intercooler for splits at seams, especially on offside at bottom (left side if standing in front of vehicle looking at engine) as they do split, some soot may be there as an indicator.

Next It’s checking the maf, Map and Air Charge Temperature Sensors and wiring. https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic69503.html?highlight=charge

Then it’s turbo actuator, https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic60413.html?start=540
Post #965700 22nd Sep 2022 12:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1