ibexman

United Kingdom 
A forum pilgrimage to Red wharf bay🤔
Post #950894 28th Apr 2022 6:25pm
Gravygraham

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
X4SKP wrote:
Hello All

Land Rover should 'own' this taking the opportunity to say thank you to customers... Mr. Green
Entry 'fee' for participation... Driving a Land Rover... Cool

I rather suspect the current PR dept at JLR are happy to keep as much distance between themselves and our slow, smoky, noisy, rusty, uncomfortable planet killing machines.
Post #951131 30th Apr 2022 5:21pm
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Hi all
anyone got any more info on this event ??

We have had an invite to join their face book page and it seems to be going ahead ... but having read the above comments I am not sure if this is something to attend or not ?

any comments ?

Thumbs Up Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #957703 8th Jul 2022 1:20pm
Gravygraham

It’s all gone viral today Wyvern. Whilst a lot of people are getting very excited about it I’m still concerned it’s all a bit, er grey.

Has anyone here searched the background of the chap behind the Facebook posts for the LR 75th Anniversary Gathering group? There’s an uncanny resemblance between him and someone from the same town with the same name who was convicted of fraud.
Post #957739 8th Jul 2022 9:36pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
I started a new thread, didn't see this one...

Seems today on various sites its not looking good.

This was my post I was starting to mention it, when someone pointed out this thread.

Hello

A few month ago I spotted details of a World record attempt and landrover show / stalls etc for next year.

It sounded great and was going to sign up. Camping etc available.

Now maybe like some of you I'm on a few groups on different platforms.

The organiser has more recently been doing NC500 'trips' and is also Connected with the MX5 community doing the same NC500 camping trips.

As it turns out around 6 years ago the organiser was in some trouble, Its now all over the facebook groups etc and the reading isn't great. Even though the organiser replied to some fears people now have on this event?

I've since just read some MX5 posts that the NC500 trips are not looking too promising and people have already paid

So has anyone already booked on this even or thinking of? I appreciate we may all have stuff in our past and everyone worth a second chance. However multiple people on different car groups cannot all be wrong? I'm not naming names but its not hard to find the info.

I was looking forward to be part of the attempt... Now I'm just waiting to see what pans out
Post #961467 12th Aug 2022 6:18pm
Gravygraham

Hi Stacey007, I’m keeping my money in my pocket until I see the event on the website of the show ground owners, and GWR. Maybe the person concerned has turned a new leaf, but to pull off something like this with the organisational skills thus far apparent seems a big ask. I hope to meet you and others at the event, but I’m not holding my breath.
Post #961485 12th Aug 2022 9:35pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
I'm with you....

Organizing as few cars doing an NC500 trip ids a walk in the park compared to what's involved in this.

If it happens then fair play, but the more I have read on different forums the less I'm convinced.

Shame
Post #961573 13th Aug 2022 8:05pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
why don't defender2.net have a go at it ? Might be a 1st for the forum? Thumbs Up
Meet up at a central point or something and then go together Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #961583 13th Aug 2022 10:32pm
strang

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Galway Green
The general consensus from most of the chit chat that I have heard is that people feel the event is too expensive for what it is. Its as if he has priced himself out of achieving the GWR, by not having enough entrants.

I also saw the posts about previous Fraud convictions.

I am pretty sure the big clubs will be looking to commemorate the 75th in some way, so I am holding out for that - in my case the LRSOC. Euro-Leafing to infinity and beyond.....
Post #961781 15th Aug 2022 6:00pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
^ I think your right, the more I read, find out and on different car forums it seems unlikely to happen?

It would have been fantastic though to have one huge event open to all Landrovers, Having done a few of the steam rally's this year with our club some of these events are very well orgainised. If a few of them got together and put all the knowledge together I think it could be a cracking event.
Post #961794 15th Aug 2022 6:47pm
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Procta wrote:
why don't defender2.net have a go at it ? Might be a 1st for the forum? Thumbs Up
Meet up at a central point or something and then go together Thumbs Up

I like that idea Procta Thumbs Up
Post #961802 15th Aug 2022 8:01pm
Grenadier

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Corris Grey
BrickBox wrote:
It seems odd it isn’t a more official organiser doing the event? Considering it’s a big anniversary etc. I’m surprised LRO or similar isn’t the organiser.

LRO, dunno. But LR are keeping very quiet. Just not the mad professor’s thing. That would be manicured grass, tents full of patrons eating a five course meal whilst sipping champagne or Pimms. The down-to-earthness of LR has been firmly stamped out. It’s all about luxury and image. Even the new Defender is more premium SUV than the utilitarian vehicle it’s predecessors were.

LR are probably embarrassed by their cock up getting rid of the classic Def, and having their thunder stolen by Grenadier. Nothing worse than celebrating an event (the launch of the Series that gave LR it’s reputation and iconic look) for a vehicle they’ve done almost everything possible to ignore with their latest incarnation. Imagine the ignominy of thousands of classic Defs and Series, plus some fantastic Disco 1-4s, turning up to celebrate the birth of the vehicle that started it all, a classless, boxy, simple workhorse, but a vehicle that is no longer directly linked to or truly represented in their (now Luxury) SUV stable. What a marketing faux pas that would be. Monsieur Le Grenadier

I've not been everywhere, but it's on my list.....

2011 Puma 110DC - Corris Grey
Post #961956 17th Aug 2022 8:05am
Leamreject

Italy 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Fuji White
D
Procta wrote:

The British Heritage Museum at Gaydon would be an ideal spot, right on the doorstep of JLR and centrally based Whistle Ride like you stole it!!
If I’m not on a bike it’s because only a 4x4 will do…
2011 2.4 Puma 90 HT
Post #961970 17th Aug 2022 9:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Perhaps Grenadier should have an event? Celebrate 75 years of Defender and X months of Grenadier. I'm sure they could do 75 months since the original Grenadier idea was conceived or 75 weeks since production.
Would certainly steal some LR thunder without being a legal problem.
Very Happy
Post #961973 17th Aug 2022 10:01am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Re: D
Leamreject wrote:
Procta wrote:

The British Heritage Museum at Gaydon would be an ideal spot, right on the doorstep of JLR and centrally based Whistle

We did this metro 25th and 35th birthday there, and it was great Thumbs Up Not sure if there are any campsites near, i stayed in a hotel not far from it.
If there is interest etc, and people from scotland are interested etc, i could convoy down with them Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #962018 17th Aug 2022 4:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 5 <12345>