↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Howdy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
chrismack85

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 Td5 PU Belize Green
Chris here From ORE
Apologies I don’t use this platform very often but o have a reminder once a month to pop up and check everyone’s happy with ORE hahaha

Thanks for the positive feedback - this is exactly why I started ORE as many companies miss the personal touch so I get Jenn in the office to pass on any customers with delays or issues so I can deal with them personally! Again apologies for the delay we’ve just moved to a much bigger premises which caused some headaches with power supplies for our kit and also the sheer logistics of moving an operation!

To respond to your point- I am in the Proces dog having some shims made to deal with the hinge issue and on my opinion will push the carrier out a little more than I’d like but most won’t notice it.

Side note- we’ve also been working with exmoor trim and they have made some new hinges around our carrier which I’m test fitting next week.

Hope this helps and if you need anything pls don’t hesitate to drop us an email

Cheers
Chris
(Head chimp of OREsome stuff)
Post #960590 4th Aug 2022 9:59pm
chrismack85

United Kingdom 1999 Defender 90 Td5 PU Belize Green
Chris here From ORE
Apologies I don’t use this platform very often but o have a reminder once a month to pop up and check everyone’s happy with ORE hahaha

Thanks for the positive feedback - this is exactly why I started ORE as many companies miss the personal touch so I get Jenn in the office to pass on any customers with delays or issues so I can deal with them personally! Again apologies for the delay we’ve just moved to a much bigger premises which caused some headaches with power supplies for our kit and also the sheer logistics of moving an operation!

To respond to your point- I am in the Proces dog having some shims made to deal with the hinge issue and on my opinion will push the carrier out a little more than I’d like but most won’t notice it.

Side note- we’ve also been working with exmoor trim and they have made some new hinges around our carrier which I’m test fitting next week.

Hope this helps and if you need anything pls don’t hesitate to drop us an email

Cheers
Chris
(Head chimp of OREsome stuff)
Post #960592 4th Aug 2022 10:15pm
Sepulchre

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 2.5 TD HT Cairns Blue
Thanks Chris, and also thanks for the call - the personal touch makes a huge difference. I don't recall the last time a company called me other than to sell me an extended warranty Very Happy

Great to hear about the shims, and more so the Exmore trim hinges, I'm hoping they match their other hinges as I may switch plans and go for a full set of these rather than the optimill ones I was favouring!
Post #960593 4th Aug 2022 10:24pm
Sepulchre

Forgot to post back..

Wheel carrier and Optimill hinges fitted. I did need to shave a couple of mm from the bottom right edge of the lower hinge.

Happy with the back end now and so nice not having the spare banging around inside the 90!

Click image to enlarge
Post #961916 16th Aug 2022 8:00pm
The Zee

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Indus Silver
Looking Good Thumbs Up Zaid-M
www.DefencePhotos.com
2014 Defender 110 Utility, 2.2 Puma, Indus Silver
Not just transport more like a religion
Post #961918 16th Aug 2022 8:06pm
Sepulchre

Thought I’d post back as it’s been a while …

New seats installed and part of the sound deadening done:D found the seat box sides have corroded, got two new side panels sprayed up and ready to go in.

Click image to enlarge

Old xenon headlights removed, together with the tangle of wires, ballasts and transformers. I had hoped this would resolve the issue I’m having with blowing the near side headlight fuse, alas not so must be a short somewhere… Still need to wire in the DRL’s. Incredible lights though, so bright and very white!

Click image to enlarge

Load space has progressed a little, bulkhead reduction done a couple of weeks ago, 2nd stage of sound deadening completed today and side panels installed. I removed stripped and recovered the headlining a while ago. Exmoor trim carpet to go in next, only managed a test fitting today before the light went, it’s going need some trimming!

Click image to enlarge
Post #972487 26th Nov 2022 7:08pm
Landymatt

United Kingdom 
Wow, impressive transformation already, looks a much nice place to be!
Post #972499 26th Nov 2022 8:30pm
JOW240725

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Welcome to Def2 and great looking 90! Whistle

Are the grille and light surrounds staying? James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Instagram @suffolk_rovers
Post #972511 26th Nov 2022 10:31pm
Sepulchre

For the moment yes, although I’m not that fond of them to be honest, I’m focusing on adding bits I want/need before I start changing other bits.
Post #972512 26th Nov 2022 10:41pm
JOW240725

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up James
MY2012 110 2.2TDCi XS SW Orkney Grey - http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic43410.html
MY1990 110 200TDi SW beautifully faded Portofino Red - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post743641.html#743641
MY1984 90 V8 Slate Grey - https://www.defender2.net/forum/post744557.html#744557
Post #972540 27th Nov 2022 8:32am
Sepulchre

As expected the Exmoor trim carpets needed some trimming down as a result of the sound deadening and sound adsorbing layers on top of the metal. The full premium carpet set also came with a few extra panels for the rear body which I’m not using as Ive dropped in speaker panels and rear quarter light panels, nice they include these though.

Click image to enlarge

Anyway after some trimming I’m pretty pleased with the results. It’s worth mentioning that exmoor now supply double sided tape rather than spray adhesive, not sure if I got a crap roll but it failed to hold the carpet at all, so I went back to using a good spray adhesive.

New black luggage tie downs also added!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

She already feels quieter and warmer, now onto the front! But before I can finish the sound deadening I need to replace the rotten seat box sides. I’d hoped to have that job don’t between Xmas and new year, however I made a rookie mistake and thought I could reuse the existing bolts, I quickly learned that these were knackered after the first two sheared straight off, luckily these just pass through holes in the body work so can be punched through. New stainless steel seat box bolt kit on order!

Oh and the Christmas cubby (thanks to my wife) has also been added Very Happy
Post #976119 30th Dec 2022 11:58pm
L110CDL

England 
Welcome to the forum with a nice 90 Thumbs Up

How is your journey going as i'm liking the changes that your doing to Lani Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #993922 24th May 2023 8:52pm
Sepulchre

Thanks L110CDL!

I’ve carried on doing more to Lani since my last post Smile

First up was replacing both seat box sides, whilst not terrible they were starting to rot in the corners so rather than silent coat bad material and do it again later I swapped both out, I also placed a membrane between the box panel and the steel frame, hopefully they won’t rot again anytime soon!

Click image to enlarge

Then it was in with the silent coat

Click image to enlarge

Then in with the carpets from exmoor trim, supplied gearbox and handbrake gaiters and black sill trims.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Then it was onto some mechanical upgrades at Engine710 - I can’t recommend these guys highly enough!

New LOF power spec discs and pads with the front upgraded from solid to vented, new callipers and bearings all round and new brake lines on the front.

Click image to enlarge

New fox shocks all round plus alive comfort springs - this has been a really great upgrade which removed the crashing I’d been experiencing on pot hole ridden farm tracks.

Click image to enlarge

Added a Bilstein steering damper

Click image to enlarge

And finally at Engine710, I had an Alive intercooler fitted and stage 2 map applied - she is so much nicer to drive and I can overtake if needed, I also had the fuel filter housing replaced as that had sheared off and an MOT done which has a few advisories to take care of but nothing major.

I had a demand exhaust also planned but that didn’t come in in time so I’ll be back at Engine710 to have the fitted in the next few weeks.

Lastly, I swapped out the mirrors for gloss black ones

Click image to enlarge

Of course though I still have a list -

Under body and chassis needs a Lanoguard treatment, I’ll do that whilst the weathers good!
Rear door card needs a refresh, I’m thinking I will flatten it down, remove/fill the chunks/gouges and spray it. If it looks awful I’ll replace with a newish one.
Head unit is terrible, so I’ll be dropping in a double din unit and wiring in my reverse camera
Passenger door still doesn’t shut very well - I need to get that worked out once and for all.
Wind deflectors need to be ordered and fitted - I prefer the window open all year round (heater works really well, so…) these will be a nice upgrade. In black of course to continue the blue/black theme.
Then it’s onto the bodywork, I’ve got a few parts which are starting to bubble and cappings which need some attention.

All still great fun though Smile
Post #995087 5th Jun 2023 12:07am
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
Looking very smart and ready for summer Thumbs Up
Post #995091 5th Jun 2023 6:56am
JOW240725

Nice upgrades, she's being spoilt! James
Post #995093 5th Jun 2023 7:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>