↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Expedition & Overland > Front Runner Drop Down Table
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andrew95

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Corris Grey
Front Runner Drop Down Table
I have inherited a front runner drop down table from a friend as part of a trade we did. The problem is it wont fit on my back door as I was hoping - I would need to remove the rear windscreen wiper and all the electronics which I don't want to do. Also making spacers so it sticks away from the door wont work either as my drawers will catch on it.

I am wondering if anybody has any ideas on where to put it? I am loathed to drill into the body of the vehicle for obvious reasons, however I do have square tubular tree sliders fitted (see photo) I could probably attach it (rivnut maybe?) to this.

Another option would be some sort of hook mounting system so it could be hooked onto the gull wing opening (or again onto the tree slider?). But if that's the case there are probably a lot lighter options out there!

Failing that I am struggling a bit for ideas. I have considered cutting it in half or at least reducing the size so it might fit on the back door - I didnt pay for it so more than happy to chop it up!

Click image to enlarge
Post #961868 16th Aug 2022 1:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1