↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Diesel economy of my D240 yesterday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Diesel economy of my D240 yesterday
I’m starting to like this car’s potential fuel ecomony…………… 1st one was yesterday getting towed along / drafting behind two touring coaches on the A83 from Rest and Be Thankful to Inverarary in western Scotland and included a 3-4 minute stop at roadworks with traffic lights on them.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

My Mini Electric can easily get 198mpg equivalent at this time of year so a bit of work to do yet in the 110…. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #954675 6th Jun 2022 9:09am
J77

Scotland 
Hopefully get some decent figures from the 90 next week, I’m away to Lewis & Harris. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #954684 6th Jun 2022 10:37am
Tim in Scotland

Having had an almost clear drive up and arrived 20 earlier than I expected, last evening’s drive back was stop start from Firkin Point on Loch Lomondside all the way to the Stoneymolan roundabout above Balloch….. couldn’t see any remains of accidents and there were no road works but I suspect that the traffic joining at the roundabout where the A82 joins the A818/ Helensburgh road at Arden was the problem - I think that the Helensburgh Show was on at the weekend.

Enjoy your trip to the islands - brilliant weather for it if it holds out - I’m off to drive the length of Norway for almost a month but not in the Defender - I’ve rented a VW ID3 from Hertz. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #954700 6th Jun 2022 2:35pm
Allan110XS

United Kingdom 
I have a 6cyl 250d 110 now on 1100 miles. Off to Uist & Harris in early Sept by which time I should just be on 2000 miles. Hoping to get 40 mpg on the long motorway slog up north from Northants and 34 or so whilst doing all the miles on local smaller roads.

Will update when back towards end of Sept.
Post #961078 9th Aug 2022 9:38am
whiterdesign

United Kingdom 
Got this the other day, car has only done 400 miles. Not sure I believe it, all but 3 miles was motorway

Click image to enlarge
 110 XS 250 MY 23 Gondwana Stone, Cold climate pack and towbar
Post #961120 9th Aug 2022 1:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1