↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > P400e Area (L663) > “Waiting To Charge”
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
“Waiting To Charge”
Not sure what’s happened, but my defender seems to now default to “waiting to charge” when plugging it in (at either a public charger or my own at home). It shows a blue flashing light on the charge port and if you go to the EV menu on the PiviPro screen then you can select ‘charge now’ to start charging.

I haven’t set a schedule or anything though and don’t know what it’s waiting for?

Anyone else had the same? Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #958736 18th Jul 2022 3:10pm
hezor

Finland 
When you go to the EV screen and select the Charging tab, is the "Immediate Charging" option selected? 22MY Defender 110 P400e SE w/ Off-Road Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Comfort & Convenience Pack + ClearSight Rear-View Mirror & 11.4" Infotainment Screen
Post #958936 20th Jul 2022 4:45am
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Sorry; missed this before.

I don’t have that option at all - only a “Charge Now” button in the top left (which does work if I press it) and then the usual ‘preconditioning’ button in the top right.

A “charge now” button has also appeared in the Remote app (I don’t remember it but maybe it’s always been there?)

I hope this isn’t some “improvement” that Land Rover have rolled out… Cheers, David
Post #959298 23rd Jul 2022 5:14pm
D50

Ireland 
Do you have a MY22 or MY23?

I have a MY23 and don't have the "Immediate Charging" Option, but to have the "Charge Now" you describe

Generally you see "waiting to charge" for two reasons
1. You have preferred charge periods selected, you'll find these in settings, apps, then Preconditioning. You can set for specific time periods if you have a smart energy tariff etc.

2. You have selected preconditioning and linked it to the preferred charge period, sometimes I find it defaults to "waiting to charge" even if you don't have preconditioning set but do have preferred charge periods set up.

On mine when I turn off the ignition, a screen pops up and it prompts me to "charge now" or select a departure time for preconditioning which links it to the preferred charging times above. I find selecting this each time you leave the car lets it know exactly what you want to do.

Ill try and take some photos later.
Post #959567 26th Jul 2022 12:42pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Update:

I have been away so hadn’t played much more with it, but to summarise a long story, I think the app and car had got ‘out of sync’ with the preferred charging periods.

The app showed no preferred charging period set, but in the end I found that the car did think there was one set in the EV setting menu on Pivi Pro.

It was set for 0:00 - 0:00 (weird! - I’ve never set one!) and even changing it to other times didn’t make the car charge. In the end though I turned it off and now the app and car both agree no preferred charging period is set, and the car charges Thumbs Up

Not sure what that was about but if anyone struggles make sure you check the settings both in the app and in the PiviPro menus I guess! Cheers, David
Post #961000 8th Aug 2022 12:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1