↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Deposit Refund?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Wrangler Magneto

United Kingdom 
Supacat wrote:
What puddle? wrote:
Darren, which deposit is this, an initial interest one (which is supposed to be refundable) or the actual order one (which is not refundable)? I'm assuming it's the former, but just checking.

Both initial £450 and 2nd £2,050 requested when placing an order are fully refundable.

Where do you get this rubbish from?

Click image to enlarge

A 5 second fact check on their website:

https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/gb/buying-the-grenadier

Click image to enlarge

You are a very ignorant person. Your own link says "This sum remains fully refundable until closer to your production date when you sign your contract"

I was quite clear that I was asking if it was the initial interest or the later one when you sign the contract. Darren fully understood it, so the question remains why couldn't you? Do you have comprehension problems?
Post #954149 31st May 2022 11:07am
m33ufo

Wales 
What puddle? wrote:
Darren, which deposit is this, an initial interest one (which is supposed to be refundable) or the actual order one (which is not refundable)? I'm assuming it's the former, but just checking.

Incorrect. Both the initial reservation fee of £450 and the subsequent deposit of £2050 are refundable up until the point of contract signature. If you elect not to sign up to the purchase contract then you get your monies refunded.

Note that you do not sign the contract at the same time as placing your deposit. It can be months later. Contract signature is, apparently, circa 6 weeks prior to build.

Hope that clears this up? 110 DCPU

Mark

Last edited by m33ufo on 31st May 2022 12:25pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #954164 31st May 2022 12:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
You can stop the bickering and nastiness towards each other right now - or I will close accounts.  1988 90 Td5 NAS soft top
2015 D90 XS SW
Post #954166 31st May 2022 12:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Well, the Finance Director never called back so my wife called them again today. After some umm-ing and ah-ing she was told, I kid you not, that they were behind with refunds because they have so many people asking for them Rolling Eyes Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #954230 31st May 2022 7:27pm
kenzle8a

At this rate episode 13 will be refunding the Grenadier…
Post #954243 31st May 2022 9:19pm
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I placed my initial order in Sept last year (£450 deposit) and then in June placed my order (£2050) deposit making the £2500.

I had a ride in one at The Car Barn (note I said a ride not a drive) and decided I did not like it so cancelled my order the same day and requested a full refund!

After 2 weeks I called them to be told it can take up to 14 working days which can be nearly 3 weeks and I pointed out they took my deposit monies from my account on the same day I paid them! The girl also said they were having lots of requests for refunds which is why they were behind but assured me "they had more orders than cancellations" Rolling with laughter

Anyway, after 15 working days I was emailing them, calling them and starting a small claims court (SCC) claim when they eventually paid me the £2050 back but no sign of the £450 so again I chased and chased and continued down the SCC process.

After 23 working days I received my £450 with no word or explanation at all.

Not a pleasant experience and happy I cancelled my order especially now with all the confusion over the commercial status of the 5 seater Shocked Shocked

Oh, just a note, I said this on the FB Ineos page and was slated by virtually everyone on there Laughing Gas, Grass Or Ass - Nobody Rides For Free

"UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.
Post #960210 1st Aug 2022 2:19pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Glad you got your deposits back. I'd be interested to know what in particular you didn't like about the Grenadier. Question Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #960211 1st Aug 2022 3:21pm
Japseroony

England 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
I did not like the rear seats, suspension or ctr dash.

The rear seats are very bolt upright and have no leg room, the suspension was not pleasant when off road and bounced all over - they made the excuse of "progressive springs" etc but it was just not good.

As for the dash, the driver could not see it and neither could the passenger, the screen just looked black from all angles even when looking directly at it.

We went from the garage car park to a field and never got out of low ratio. The field was grass but had some ruts and we literally bounced over them as a slow speed.

It was enough to convince me to cancel my order and stick with my P400 - I was going to have both but felt the Grenadier was a step back from the old Defender let alone the new one Thumbs Up Gas, Grass Or Ass - Nobody Rides For Free

"UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.
Post #960219 1st Aug 2022 4:21pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Would it help the suspension issue if INEOS offered two rates of suspension i.e. normal and heavy duty?
I wonder if the rear seats are positioned as they so they can get the rear load space a certain size to enable the vehicle to come in under the N1 classification?
/ 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #960433 3rd Aug 2022 4:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12