↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Grenadier forum
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
spudfan

Ireland 
Grenadier forum
There is a Grenadier forum,if you want to look at it, and yes the Grenadier will have a dipstick for checing the engine oil level.
https://www.theineosforum.com/powerplant-p...nes-877883 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #952153 10th May 2022 12:41pm
Rashers

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Corris Grey
Thank you Spudfan. Can now sleep so much easier knowing it has dipstick Rolling with laughter

Was this really a concern? I haven’t been following the ins and outs of the Grenadier. It seems obvious if the Power plant is a BMW and that engine has a dipstick, the version in the Grenadier would also have a dipstick.

They are a bit surplus to requirements. I bet 90% of drivers never take the dipstick out between service.

I have to say, I do like the look of it, but the same reason why I doubt I will be buying a new Defender, I won’t be buying a Grenadier. They are both out of my price range.
Post #952197 10th May 2022 6:09pm
RFT

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Zermatt Silver
I find a lot of BMW’s take their dip stick out regularly, they are normally sat behind the steering wheel. Sorry I’ll get my coat 130 Puma HCPU with an Artica 240LR Demountable Camper
Post #952213 10th May 2022 7:33pm
spudfan

Ireland 
Rashers wrote:
Thank you Spudfan. Can now sleep so much easier knowing it has dipstick Rolling with laughter

Was this really a concern? I haven’t been following the ins and outs of the Grenadier. It seems obvious if the Power plant is a BMW and that engine has a dipstick, the version in the Grenadier would also have a dipstick.

They are a bit surplus to requirements. I bet 90% of drivers never take the dipstick out between service.

I have to say, I do like the look of it, but the same reason why I doubt I will be buying a new Defender, I won’t be buying a Grenadier. They are both out of my price range.

Just one less thing for the onboard computer to worry you with red lights and fault codes Laughing 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #952273 11th May 2022 3:48pm
ADVAW8S

United States 
Rashers wrote:

In reality, the current BMW powerplant that is in all of the BMW vehicles does NOT have a dipstick. They have moved away from it and relied on a sensor. The Grenadier will have a dipstick which makes life simpler and easier when it comes to oil changes.
Post #952317 11th May 2022 8:29pm
Rashers

I understand where the question has come from now Thumbs Up

Thank you ADVAW8S Bow down

I suppose during a service, the obligatory measured amount of oil is tipped in and that is what you get?

This is getting off topic a bit but if you have a BMW without a dipstick, if you are told that you have low oil, does this mean you can’t top it up yourself? How would you know how much to add? Or do you just have to call recovery and get your friendly main dealer to do the job for you?

On a need to know basis, I have no need to know, but I am asking on behalf of a friend Wink
Post #952320 11th May 2022 8:42pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Latest BMWs put a message up informing you that the oil requires topping up. It also informs you exactly how much oil to add. Simples Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #952323 11th May 2022 9:04pm
Rashers

Them old German Engineers, they are clever Very Happy

Thanks discomog Thumbs Up
Post #952326 11th May 2022 9:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1