↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Land Rover Germany replied!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ZeDefender

Germany 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Baltic Blue
Land Rover Germany replied!
I just had to share my elation that LR Germany finally replied to my E-Mail (their only means of contact here!) They actually took my complaint seriously about the repeatedly botched handbrake and the vindictive German mechanic-bas*ard who deliberately screwed up my Puma gearbox and will "investigate" further.
Sure the gearbox is still a bit messed up but I "feel" so much better Smile
At least I can now live with the crunching for a while without the bitter taste in my mouth.
Thanks to all for listening and replying to my previous whining posts. Rolling Eyes
Cheers
Matt Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
But shout it at them in German because life is also terrifying and confusing...
Post #94729 17th Oct 2011 5:54pm
MK

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
Prima!. If you get a replacement make sure it has the right oil. Not much of a trouble, but mine was filled with ATF. Puma 110" SW

Earth first. Other planets later
Post #94753 17th Oct 2011 7:47pm
Sockpuppet

United Kingdom 
MK wrote:
Prima!. If you get a replacement make sure it has the right oil. Not much of a trouble, but mine was filled with ATF.

Is LR really that bad or do the factory workers Censored them up on purpose?
Post #94761 17th Oct 2011 8:41pm
ZeDefender

Sockpuppet wrote:
MK wrote:
Prima!. If you get a replacement make sure it has the right oil. Not much of a trouble, but mine was filled with ATF.

I think they can just about bolt A to B (although some of my nuts were barely tightened) but when it comes to fluids, e.g. engine oil, brake fluid, coolant, washer liquid... there are just too many to choose from Sad
No wonder they get them all muddled up. Tell someone you love them today because life is short.
Post #94784 17th Oct 2011 10:42pm
MK

Chile 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Chawton White
I do not blame the factory in this case, but the stealer. No F clue what goes where. Right after that I replaced all fluids on my own (except steering and coolant). Puma 110" SW

Earth first. Other planets later
Post #94796 18th Oct 2011 12:21am
ZeDefender

MK wrote:
I do not blame the factory in this case, but the stealer. No F clue what goes where. Right after that I replaced all fluids on my own (except steering and coolant).

Good point - I guess a replacement gearbox isn't factory-filled. Still got a load of screws loose though Laughing
Post #94803 18th Oct 2011 7:07am
johnnyturbo2002

Spain 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Java Black
ZeDefender wrote:
Sockpuppet wrote:
MK wrote:

I think they can just about bolt A to B (although some of my nuts were barely tightened) but when it comes to fluids, e.g. engine oil, brake fluid, coolant, washer liquid... there are just too many to choose from Sad
No wonder they get them all muddled up.

That seems very odd for a german to do this...not second guessing you by any means, just strikes me funny that they would even have someone work there with such shoddy performance...moy experiences in de with vehicles has always been very good and thorough. Sorry to hear aboutyours, but it xeems that lr is on to it. 2008 Defender 110 60 year Edition (sold unfortunately)
IN the hunt for another Puma for the wifey!
2008 Kia Sorento LX 😁 2.5crdi
Post #95139 20th Oct 2011 7:44am
ZeDefender

johnnyturbo2002 wrote:
ZeDefender wrote:
Sockpuppet wrote:
MK wrote:

No wonder they get them all muddled up.

That seems very odd for a german to do this...not second guessing you by any means, just strikes me funny that they would even have someone work there with such shoddy performance...moy experiences in de with vehicles has always been very good and thorough. Sorry to hear aboutyours, but it xeems that lr is on to it.

Those were my thoughts before it happened... then afterwards, several colleagues at my workplace (who had since sold their Land Rovers - Freelanders, admittedly) also told me to avoid that particular dealer for shoddy work and a bad attitude - talk about shutting the stable door Sad
Anyway, any "Master"mechanic/dealer that sends you home with a handbrake that is so loose it doesn't work (I live on a hill) and (by their own admission) gave the job to someone who didn't "know the adjustment" is, IMO, Censored Exclamation
Like I said, after I rather angrily complained to them and left the car for another day (the handbrake is now loose but useable and still rattles) the gearbox became "mysteriously" rough between dropping the car off and collecting it. My wife noticed the same - draw your own conclusions Mad
Hence, trying to get LR involved. I am certainly not going back to that f**king dealer so they can loosen an injector, vacuum hose etc. to "teach me not to complain" again Mad
As for the quality of German dealers, I also don't go to the Audi main dealer here any more - last time I asked them to change the gearbox oil and when I went back they said they had "checked the level". Annoyed, I decided to do it myself and the filler/level plug hadn't been touched!!!
What really Censored me off is that ars*holes like that usually get away with it - the best I can do is imagine their life is Censored in other ways (rant, rant Evil or Very Mad )
Cheers
Post #95143 20th Oct 2011 8:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1