↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] Defender 90 300tdi County REDUCED £12250
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234
Print this entire topic · 
Huttopia

United Kingdom 
Tricky sell on here as everyone has one!
Post #951181 1st May 2022 9:52am
alwoodley72

England 2008 Defender 130 Puma 2.4 HCPU Alaska White
alwoodley72 wrote:
Hi, firstly great truck, lots of time and effort is evident to see..
But…
For £15k the market seeks a totally standard, sub 100k example, something which bizarrely someone can make their own mark on.. ( or keep totally standard!)
Basically the mods narrow down your market. If I was looking to sell this I would remove the ‘off roady’ mods ie the light bar, snorkel, side steps- do you have any other wheels you can sell it on?
As is it looks too much like any other off road ready Landy, and it’s not.. if you need to sell relatively quickly I’d of thought you should get interest at £13k…
Just my two penneth, but I’ve bought and sold a lot of landies over the years..
Cheers
Alex

Well, I stand by my original comments above.. unfortunately you now have a car that’s been knocking around for a couple of months, slowly reducing price and changing bits.. most watchers will be dreamers waiting for it to hit £10k.
You’re best off taking it off the market, doing all your changes ( do you have any other wheels/ tyres you can sell it on, those bfg are ancient?) then you put it on fresh, with your best price to attract new people. I think prices have stabilised/ come down a little, cash isn’t flowing as freely with our various worldly worries, I should think that £11k firm would be a more realistic figure, or put it on eBay starting low with a £10k reserve, the market shall decide., everything sells eventually, for the right price…
Hope you take these comments in the way they are meant, to help you…
Cheers
Alex 98 300 tdi 90 project
94 Range Rover vogue 4.2 lse
79 911 sc
08 130 double cab utility
Post #951209 1st May 2022 12:56pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I can't see the Raptor on the roof and wheels helping the sale unfortunately.
Post #951210 1st May 2022 1:54pm
cradgebank

England 2008 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
As someone in the Land Rover Trade, I have followed this post with a little interest and my following comments are certainly not to be taken personally but just as constructive advise.

The Defender market has increased values since Covid lockdown to a almost false market, suddenly what was a £5K Defender was being marketed at £10K but they have not been selling and now the market is starting to come back down to a more realistic range.

Admittedly, low mileage, unmolested trucks are commanding and making very high prices but they are few and far between and need to be very good.

As already mentioned, the biggest off put regarding your otherwise quite nice truck is the Raptor Roof, you will never achieve top dollar due to the marmite factor of Raptor, the product was designed as a bed liner coating and in my opinion that is the only place it should be on a Defender but that is just my opinion but unfortunately shared by a lot of buyers looking for a high value unmolested truck.

Look at Ebay completed listings and you will see actual selling prices are about 25% less than most people seem to value their Trucks when creating a private classified type of advert.

Good luck with the sale. Richard

Either a 90, 110 or 130.
Discovery 5
Post #951216 1st May 2022 2:53pm
karlp606

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Firenze Red
As ever thanks for all the comments guys - I’ve swapped most of the leds/repeaters off now - the raptor is very marmite - I hate it to be honest! The only other things I could do would be to stick some boost alloys on it and get the top repainted in flat black but I imagine that will £1k+…
Had a lot of interest over this weekend so I’d be happy to do a deal with one of them hopefully
And not have to swap the alloys/get the top resprayed etc.
Post #951286 2nd May 2022 7:04am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
If you did eventually decide to strip and repaint the rook, go for a standard finish not flat black. Flat black is probably as saleable as Raptor.

Gloss body-colour, black or white might be better than a flat colour.
Post #951291 2nd May 2022 8:49am
Whirly90

England 1993 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Keswick Green
I had a raptored roof on my 110 and i sold it. The bloke who bought it wanted to re-paint it but said it was a nightmare to sand, he gave up and sold it on. Might be worth buying another roof and swapping them over.
Post #951294 2nd May 2022 9:07am
JackNorris

United Kingdom 
Could you share some up to date pics? Or list the items that have now been removed since original add?

Thanks
Post #952729 16th May 2022 10:14pm
karlp606

United Kingdom 1997 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Firenze Red
Defender 90 300tdi
Hi Jack,

Hope your well - So I took the snorkel off and put a vent plate on the side wing but I had a guy who paid a deposit and asked me to reinstall the snorkel but then dropped out the sale the last minute!
So the snorkel is back on - I have the original non LED head lights and also the bar light can be removed via a few nuts and bolts.
Im open to offers anywhere in the £11s now as Im sick of timewasters and tyrekickers plus I cant free any funds up to start on my Puma Im buying until this is sold!

Any questions please dont hesitate to ask. - Ive Pmd you my number.

Best Regards

Karl
Post #952739 17th May 2022 8:28am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234