↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Dashboard lighting
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RichardS

Canada 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alaska White
Dashboard lighting
I have just noticed that the right rotary selector of the heater controls of my 2010 defender 110 is not illuminated. I may just be suffering from circumstances brought on by my advancing years, and I cannot really be sure that it was ever illuminated. If it was, and now needs me to replace the bulb (?), can someone advise me what bulb ref number is required, and how to access and replace it please?
Thanks
Richard
Post #950754 27th Apr 2022 4:25pm
spudfan

Ireland 
https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic16996...eplacement
This is my contribution to the topic
did this this morning. I put the gear lever in reverse to give me more room, Then I removed the radio. This was easy as I'd just got a new radio last week so I had removal keys to fit. I undid the torx screws then used a flat blade screw driver to ease out the dash one side at a time. Two at each side , then the bottom then the top. It comes out very easily. I only removed the plug at the back of the head light levelling dial and another one near it. I couldn't get the clock connection off soI worked in the slack I had.
I managed to remove the dead bulb for the slider controls THROUGH the aperture for the slider with a needle nose pliers. I fitted the replacement in the same way then put my hand under the removed dash and pushed it home.
There was a second bulb needing replacement, UNFORTUNATELY I didn't notice this until I backed the Land Rover into the shed and tried the lights! I assumed one bulb lit up the slider and the numbers but it is two.
So dash and radio out again.
This time I could get my hand in to remove the bulb holder backwards then pulling it forwards and changing the bulb then refitting the holder. Radio and dash back in, quick test and all was well.So all I need to do now is to get some more bulbs.
P.S. I had a nagging suspicion that I'd forgotten something. I had forgotten to reconnect the plug at the back of the headlight levelling dial. All I needed to do was to remove the torx screws, pop the dash and reconnect the plug then just pop the dash back and refit the torx screws.
Anyway all is well so if a bulb or two goes don't be afreaid to tackle this.
Then there is this
https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic57103...ghter+help 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #950932 28th Apr 2022 10:59pm
RichardS

Canada 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Alaska White
Hullo Spudfan,
Thanks for that, I feel confident that I can accomplish the necessary surgery without too much difficulty. You wouldn't happen to know the bulb ref numbers so that I can buy them before wreaking havoc on the dash and driving to the shops with it all hanging apart?
Thanks
Richard
Post #950956 29th Apr 2022 8:06am
spudfan

Ireland 
The Land Rover number is RTC 3635. They are 1.2w capless bulbs. As they are very small buy a few in case you drop one.
Here is a close up and an idea of what they cost.
https://www.lrdirect.com/rtc3635-dash-bulb-small-push-in-1-2w 1982 88" 2.25 diesel
1992 110 200tdi csw -Zikali
2008 110 2.4 tdci csw-Zulu
2011 110 2.4 tdci csw-Masai
Post #950980 29th Apr 2022 11:16am
BJH

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
So you're going to start here:

Click image to enlarge

Then you remove the radio and the two torx screws that secure the centre console. Ignore the fact that my gear gators are removed - this is for a different job and you don't need to do it:

Click image to enlarge

And after this you remove the centre console. It's clipped in at the top where the air vents are, so you can pull it from here and it will unclip. Then it will come out and you'll have to unplug the cables from behind. Make a note of which ones go where.

Then you can see the white plastic housing that contains the heater switches. The bulbs can be pulled out from here. Hard to see them in this photo but if you turn your lights on you'll see the ones that are working glow up. They just pull out.

Click image to enlarge
Post #950998 29th Apr 2022 12:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1