↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Rear door panel water leakage
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
eungaboy

Rear door panel water leakage
So my defender (MY23 110 D300 HSE) which I got only 2 weeks ago, started leaking after car wash.

Both of the rear doors are doing the same thing. Water seems to be seeping out from either the gap between the main panel and the door frame(marked in pink), or the gap between the leather finish and the door frame(marked in blue). I have driven in rain before and didn't notice any problem.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

So my guess is that the rear doors of defender are not designed to be water proof from high pressure spray which shoots from many different angles. Or simply not built right - bad sealing. I have to tell you that the car wash I went to sprayed hard and up close in many different angles. It is one of those no touch high pressure auto car washes. But still my other family owned cars such and hyundai and chevrolet do not leak at the same car wash.

My dealer will take the car to service and fix the problem if there is one but I don't have much faith in their service. I have a feeling this could be not a build fault but rather a design flaw of the rear doors. In this case, we just have to avoid this kind of car wash. I will be taking her to a garage specializing in only defenders in few days and get their opinion. I left my car in rain last night to see if there is any leak in moderate rain -> just checked and no leak.

If anyone has similar experience, please share. I see most people post problems but not much update on the solution. If anyone is planning to take their defenders to high pressure car wash, please check the rear doors. Even if you don't see any immediate leak, you should check back in few minutes as it may take some time for water to flood and seep out.

Thanks.
Post #950943 29th Apr 2022 2:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1