↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Personal expériences / tests ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Julie

France 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Personal expériences / tests ?
We've been talking about theoretical stuff for many months.

Did anybody sit in that car and drive it ? Duck
Post #945050 8th Mar 2022 1:15pm
23GPS

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Keswick Green
I went to an event at a dealer who will be local to me (30 minutes away) last week. There was a static display model that we were asked not to sit in, and the opportunity for a short passenger ride in a prototype. This was the first time I'd seen the Grenadier in the metal and overall I was impressed, with the exception that the rear passenger floor is not flat due to a transmission hump and the rear seat back only folds forward onto the base which restricts the flat load length available when used for load carrying. I also liked the dealership staff and lack of any pretension or bullsh!t and their labour rate is around half of what I would have to pay at a Landrover gin palace style franchise. However, I wouldn't want to commit before being given an opportunity to drive the finished vehicle. Ineos e-mailed tonight with information on the order book opening in April (see below) although there is a disclaimer if testing does not complete as planned. On this basis, I'm inclined to ask for my reservation to be refunded and walk away if it is not possible to have a decent test drive before committing to buy. I'm going to sleep on that thought and check with Ineos to see if the reservations can remain in place and then configure & build once test drives are available.

"APRIL 2022 – TIME TO CONFIRM YOUR GRENADIER SPECIFICATION
This April, we’ll be asking you for your full Grenadier configuration and to lock down the build slot we’ve held for you with a deposit of GBP 2500. The GBP 450 you’ve paid us for your reservation will go towards that.

CONFIGURING YOUR GRENADIER
To lock in your full specification, you’ll need to get stuck into our full configurator, which will also go live in April. That’s where you’ll be able to delve into the detail of how you want your Grenadier to look and work. Either fleshing out your original saved configuration or starting afresh.

The configurator will have a price calculator built in. So, whenever you add or remove features you’ll see exactly how much your Grenadier costs. You’ll also be able to explore finance options if you wish.

Testing is still going on, so dates are subject to change. That’s because our commitment to quality is absolute. The vehicle must be right before we hand it over to you." Keep it simple - poverty spec.
Post #945112 8th Mar 2022 10:38pm
foggydave

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Bonatti Grey
Test drive Grantham
I went for a chauffeured drive at Chandlers Grantham. They had a Grenadier in the showroom. We were not allowed to sit in the motor or lift the bonnet. I must say I thought the design was absolutely crack on and would agree 100% with all who say this is the new Defender Land Rover should have produced. I do though agree with 23GPS and the only flaw I found was the transmission hump exacerbated by the fact that the battery box is also under the rear seat. So even if you could remove the rear seats the bed would not be flat.
I would want a 2 seat commercial preferably with a raised flat floor as the Toyota commercial to carry dogs, hay bales, and the occasional animal. A pickup would be preferable.
The test drive although not on a Tixover style course but on a dry hilly field was impressive and the driver was very knowledgeable.
I would not buy the motor in its present form and was assured that this model is a general launch spec which would appeal to the majority of users, with specific designs ie double cab, etc being bought in at a later date. It will though be very interesting to see what configurations of the present models come in.

I have loved Series/Defenders because they have always been greater than the sum of their parts. The smile factor. The Grenadier has this in bucket loads. The caveat being I hope it does not come with Land Rovers total disregard for the consumer.
Post #945373 11th Mar 2022 8:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SteveK

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 HT Rimini Red
I have just sat in a prototype, but wasn’t allowed to drive it!

The driving position is great improvement over the Defender and there is plenty of leg room. Not sure about the steering wheel though, because (as others have said) it is on the small side!

There were a lot of switches mounted on the ceiling and this makes it seem like an aircraft cockpit!

I love it, but I don’t think that I can afford one at present; just got a letter from my IFA saying that the Ukrainian invasion has wiped 10% off one of my pension funds!
Post #946079 17th Mar 2022 4:44pm
County V8

United Kingdom 
If you haven't seen a Grenadier yet Ineos will be at the following two shows at the NEC in May.
LAMMAS 2022 4th & 5th May Hall 12 Stand 12.450 &
The CV show (comercial vechicle show) Stand 4F10 24th to 26th May.
So if you live near or are visiting might babe worth a visit.
Post #946147 18th Mar 2022 11:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1