Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Confirm what could be missing - scarey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Simon-blue

United Kingdom 
Confirm what could be missing - scarey
Hi all,

Seeing lots of posts on mssing stuff, have a 110 x-dynamic HSE ordered, pretty well specced.

Don’t mind on the clearsight mirror

What about the Display - expected digital with the HSE
What about the Pivi Pro - is smaller one only avail to all models

Could be a deal breaker, get deposit back and wait until next year.

Thoughts?

Si
Post #938409 19th Jan 2022 9:57pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
We pick up our XS on Friday and the only thing we didn’t get is Matrix LEDs, there was a note came out in December to say the Pivi screen had reverted back to the smaller unit on certain models.

Click image to enlarge
 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #938412 19th Jan 2022 10:19pm
Simon-blue

United Kingdom 
Oh excellent, that is good news (so far)
Post #938419 19th Jan 2022 10:52pm
Simon-blue

United Kingdom 
jomara wrote:
We pick up our XS on Friday and the only thing we didn’t get is Matrix LEDs, there was a note came out in December to say the Pivi screen had reverted back to the smaller unit on certain models.

Click image to enlarge

Thank you very much
Post #938420 19th Jan 2022 10:52pm
haymeister

Japan 
For what its worth I have the smaller Pivi Pro screen. I specced the larger screen but due to the chip issue that option was rescinded. Definitely don't feel short changed.

To be honest, if you plan on going the distance ownership wise, I think the smaller screen will age better.
The larger screen in how it extends and covers the neoprene-like horizontal dash beams looks a bit jarring.. as though LR was forced to provide a larger screen option because marketing says 'bigger screens are better'. Whereas the smaller screen was designed and intended to fit within the beams.

Just my 2 cents... Whistle 22MY Defender 110 D300 S in Pangea Green and Contrast White Roof
IG defender_japan "Hulk san"
Post #938430 20th Jan 2022 2:05am
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
What's amusing is that on the configurator, even on the 90 HT there is no longer even an option to spec the smaller screen and large screen is listed as standard.

I prefer the smaller screen and agree with Haymeister it looks more at home in the Defender - the larger one is basically just slapped on from the facelift Disco where it has been designed to work with the whole dash. In the Defender it just looks a bit of a bodge. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #938451 20th Jan 2022 9:12am
forest172

2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Santorini Black
I have the smaller screen in my HT and I have a new Disco on loan while it`s being repaired on warranty

The larger screen is brilliant, would have liked this in my defender regardless how it looked. So much better for the Appleplay 2015 90SW Heritage MY16, 2016 90SW XS MY16 (123rd b4 the last build) & RRS HSE MY15
Post #938455 20th Jan 2022 9:41am
Ajay(UK)

England 
Farmerben wrote:

I prefer the smaller screen and agree with Haymeister it looks more at home in the Defender - the larger one is basically just slapped on from the facelift Disco where it has been designed to work with the whole dash. In the Defender it just looks a bit of a bodge.

When I first saw the larger screen I would have agreed with the above comments but we ordered ours with it and definitely prefer the larger display having lived with it for the past 6 months. My friend has a 90 and whilst there is an strong case for the smaller screen integrating better I now find it too small Shocked

I also disagree with Haymeister over his long term predictions, as JLR are clearly going in the Tesla "lets stick a large iPad on the dash" route.

If you haven't seen it here's the new 2022 Range Rover which has a 13.1" bolt on version of Pivi Pro: Even the main driver display is a "floating screen".

Click image to enlarge

And it certainly won't stop me ordering one shortly Whistle

Andy. 22MY Defender 110 X Dynamic HSE D250, Gondwana Stone with too many options!
Gone: 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Post #938478 20th Jan 2022 11:52am
haymeister

Japan 
Time will tell. But look at the original Tesla Model S and that 17” portrait screen. That had not aged well to say the least.

These large screens will look and be hardware-wise dated in as little as 5 years.
Maybe I don’t look at the screen that much so the smaller size doesnt bother me.

All I’m saying is you shouldn’t cancel your order based on the screen size or digital cockpit. The car is so much more than that.

As a side, the most recent Bentley Conti GT has thought through screen longevity and design the best. You can revolve the screen to show 3 analogue dials, or just a plain wood dash. But that’s an entirely different proposition! 22MY Defender 110 D300 S in Pangea Green and Contrast White Roof
IG defender_japan "Hulk san"
Post #938509 20th Jan 2022 3:14pm
walfy

Well that was close, my order for my 110 HT SE was dated 2 Dec 2021, so I should be OK for the larger screen.
But what are Gatekeeper Rules? Anyone have any idea? 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #938659 21st Jan 2022 11:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1