↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Stolen > Stolen Lincolnshire
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

No consolation, but tiny magnetic trackers can easily be bought on Amazon and eBay for £30 each and get tagged to a smartphone for their display………… they are small enough that you probably wouldn’t notice one suck to the back of your Landy’s rear crossmember

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #908590 20th Jun 2021 5:59am
scotty38

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
Ah, thank you, should have known it wouldn't be difficult.
Post #908598 20th Jun 2021 7:13am
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
scotty38 wrote:
Security was just factory standard although it has smartwater which just made me realise I perhaps need to do something there...

Did you follow up on the Smartwater thing?

I've just received this via email, and wondered just how many times it actually comes into play:

Click image to enlarge
Post #935604 30th Dec 2021 6:39am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I was under the impression that more cat thefts involve the cat being cut off rather than carefully removed, in which case I would question whether it is much help to the victim to have it returned as a result of smartwater. I suppose it might help prove it was stolen and therefore lead to a conviction though.
Post #935618 30th Dec 2021 9:21am
BJH

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 SW Alpine White
Procta wrote:

I would be re doubling security, on where its parked. We did after that mine was borrowed. CCTV isnt worth the paper its written on, PM me and i will show you our security Thumbs Up

You are 100% right to advise on security. But I would not be so quick to bin the CCTV idea. Sure, it's completely useless when the thieves turn up wearing some form of head disguise. But if you can get one with configurable motion detection that alerts to your phone, then one that is properly set up has a chance of waking you up in the night. You can then check your phone from bed to see what is going on.

I'd like to see your security setup as well because my own is a work in progress since getting my first Defender in July last year and moving home in January this year. I'll PM you as well if you don't mind!
Post #949356 14th Apr 2022 1:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123