↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Dog crate for 110 PHEV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
frackas75

Norway 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
Dog crate for 110 PHEV
I am expecting delivery of my 110 PHEV next week. Does anyone know of a good dog crate solution for it?
It seems like the boot space is a bit compromised due to the placement of the battery, so I was hoping to find a dog crate made specially for this vehicle.
Post #933533 14th Dec 2021 11:55am
martinf

United Kingdom 
I had a dog box on my L405 but for the Defender I have gone for Travall Dog guard and tailgate door plus Land Rover quilted boot liner.

This gives more space for our dogs but also the ventilation in the rear area is adjustable and to get full benefit is best without a dog box.

Mine is a P300 but I think it should fit the PHEV
Post #933541 14th Dec 2021 12:20pm
39Steps

I have 240d but had Barjo make me a cage. In fact it was the first one they ever made for a new Defender. They actually measured for the 7 seater (mine is a 5 seater) and there are differences in the boot space which means the cage isn't quite as perfect as it could have been but it suffices. I needed the head height for the dogs and this one work perfectly.

Double doors, internal partition (removable) and double escape doors. Key locks.
Post #933589 14th Dec 2021 7:48pm
Chris_h

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

I use the travall cage and land rover quilted boot liner. It’s a great solution for me. The central divider is movable to change section sizes.
Post #933624 15th Dec 2021 7:26am
frackas75

Norway 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 HT Aintree Green
Thanks for the great ideas - The Travall looks very neat and practical. I wonder if it´s possible to use it with the PHEV boot arrangement. The battery makes for a bit of an uneven base for the cage wall. I noticed that the quilted boot liner i could find for the 110 specifically stated that it would not fit the Phev.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #933776 15th Dec 2021 11:43pm
Chris_h

I can measure the gap under the middle section, where the feet screw it. You might be able to use it with no feet. It won’t be until Friday at earliest as I’m away. Or message travall and they might make a different version.

I hadn’t realised the phev didn’t have a flat floor until your picture. I would say that the quilted liner will fit, the base isn’t that rigid, it just won’t lie down totally into the sides perfectly.
Post #933781 16th Dec 2021 5:08am
Betsy11

Trans K-9 told me they’ve sold one of their B43 to someone with a PHEV when I enquired about one for my PHEV which is on order. I’m sure if you give them a call they’ll be able to advise.
I like my current Trans K-9 crate because I can easily take it out if I want to use the boot for something other than dogs.
Post #934271 19th Dec 2021 5:29pm
discomog

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
I've had a couple of crates from Trans K9 and been completely happy with them (and their resale value is very good). They are very helpful and as mentioned above, just give them a quick call. Defender 90XS SW
Mini Countryman Cooper S
Morgan Plus 8
Post #934273 19th Dec 2021 5:41pm
Nohedes

United Kingdom 
Thanks for the useful info, I have the same issue and came across this thread, will check out the recommendations above. Quite a few of the official loadspace accessories aren’t compatible with the PHEV models, although I would imagine LR will solve for this, as they seem to be selling quite a few hybrids, plus they offer a PHEV load protector for the RRS PHEV which has a similar boot floor issue Very Happy
Post #939008 23rd Jan 2022 2:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1