↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > XS vs HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
jim4244

England 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi CSW Epsom Green
Ah yes, I remember the debate about LR Retrofits now. If I remember rightly some of the upgrades could be carried out remotely?

Jim
Post #919640 2nd Sep 2021 9:08am
Tim in Scotland

Yes, the company some claimed could “activate” the non-existent ediff on cars where it wasn’t ordered from the factory. The bubble was burst when someone had it activated after spending in the region of £4000 to have the car modified to fit the hardware……… Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #919646 2nd Sep 2021 9:40am
Pabadabs

Scotland 
One thing I can't seem to specify on the XS is rear heated seats. Did anyone manage to do this earlier? As in, is it a recent configurator change?

The Interior options on the configurator are limited. No way to specify heated steering wheel, which isn't shown as included in the Cold Climate Pack either. However when you dig into the standard spec in the summary it states heated wheel is included.

Not sure what to believe. Seems strange that you can't spec rear heated seats when the only choice is grained leather.

If the heated and cooled (useless in Glasgow) front seats and the heated wheel are standard on the XS I could probably live without rear heated. It has all the HSE stuff on it, and supposedly IDD and Matrix lights for a lower monthly PCP payment and £2k lower overall cost if I decide to keep.

What's the catch?
Post #932746 7th Dec 2021 4:37pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
We have an XS on order at Pentland, due to it being a "special" edition it comes with a higher level of equipment included as standard but suffers from a smaller selection of colours and a restricted options list. (When we specified an HSE to the same level it was £4.5k more expensive)

The heated steering wheel is a standard fit item to this model and the Cold Climate Pack on this model, HSE & X consists of heated washer jets and headlight power wash but drops the heated wheel (that's why the price is £195 lower).

If you really want heated seats you could have aftermarket heat pads fitted by someone like Transcal in livingston or Engine 710 Thumbs Up 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #932751 7th Dec 2021 5:52pm
Pabadabs

Scotland 
Thanks jomara. XS seems to have heated (and cooled) front seats, though only 12 way not 14, which are specifiable on SE & HSE.

What frustrates me is the configurator logic and regular revisions. It's hard to compare builds and check things off when for e.g. wireless charging appears under Convenience and heated wheel under Interior Features on an XS build summary instead of Options.

I have next to no confidence that any LR I order will arrive as specified. Last weekend our local dealer's salesman told me not to hold my breath for the IDD on any MY23. It's clear now that even if I'd ordered an SE months ago, which I'd have been happy with, I would not get what I expected anyway.

The XS does look very compelling. When I wanted a D4 I got deterred figuring out differences between Landmark, Luxury, Graphite, XS and whether they'd been listed accurately given LR and their dealers attention to detail. It's going to be a real headache buying a used new Defender in coming years and maybe the premiums on used 2021 models will carry over. There may also be an upwards correction due on new prices.
Post #932766 7th Dec 2021 7:49pm
jomara

Pabadas, I’ve got the PDF pricelist and 22MY dealer product brief that might provide an easier method of directly comparing the specifications. Let me know if you’d like them sent on 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
2022 110 250D XS
Post #932782 7th Dec 2021 9:03pm
Pabadabs

Scotland 
Yes please jomas. Should I pm you?
Post #932811 8th Dec 2021 10:00am
jomara

Hi Pabadabs

Sent you a PM Thumbs Up 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon