↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My New Defender (L663) > My Ultimate Urban L663 Defender 110 P400HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Print this entire topic · 
W84IT

United States 
Sold my Defender...
Hey guys, I was made an offer that I couldn't refuse for my Defender so I had to let it go. I'm debating if I want to order another P400 or just wait until the fully electric Defender is available here in the USA. The current gas prices are outrageous right now so I have to at least consider a hybrid or fully electric vehicle. My wife has the Jaguar I-Pace and she loves it. My 2016 L405 HSE is not that great on fuel mileage and I also have Chevy Silverado 2500HD that's not great on fuel mileage. Ray
2020.5 Defender 110 P400HSE
2016.5 Range Rover HSE
Post #932637 6th Dec 2021 5:04pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 
Big cars aren't great on fuel, you did know that.
but that usually are not the biggest costs.
Devaluation / Depreciation by a new car used to be
1st.year 24%
2nd year 18%
3rd year 12%

I'am sure you sold it for the same or higher ammount.
So please no bs** on gas prices. No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #932662 6th Dec 2021 7:53pm
W84IT

United States 
No, the high fuel prices is not the reason I sold the Defender. In fact, I wasn't even looking to sell it at all but like I mentioned in the last post, "I was made an offer that I couldn't refuse"...which happened to be a little more than what I paid for it. Therefore, I literally got to drive a new Defender and enjoy it for a little over 10k miles in 13 months of ownership for free!!! This was the first time that I've ever been able to do that so I took advantage of the opportunity. The market for used Defenders is crazy here in the USA right now due to low supply and high demand.

As far as gas prices, although I can afford the fuel to drive my Range Rover and my HD Silverado Truck, every since my wife has been driving the Jaguar I-Pace which is fully electric, I've become more interested in adding another electric vehicle to our fleet...I'm also now aware of what I could be saving along with many incentive programs that are available for EV owners in the state of California. Furthermore, the Jaguar I-Pace is a blast to drive...more exciting than I expected! Anyway, the Hummer EV is number 1 on my list so far but I'm sure that Land Rover will have something coming soon. Therefore, I would be interested in and all electric Defender or full size Range Rover if the Hummer EV doesn't turn out to be what I'm expecting. I currently have a reservation for the 2023 Hummer EV SUV but I'm not committed to buying one until I can see it up close and actually drive it. Ray
2016.5 Range Rover HSE
Post #932678 6th Dec 2021 10:37pm
Defendit..

Netherlands 
Thanks for your extensive explanation and view. Well appreciated. No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #932681 6th Dec 2021 11:07pm
Tim in Scotland

W84IT - in the year or more that you have to wait for a monster truck EV could I recommend a spell at the other end of the size range in what is the I believe to be the USA’s lowest priced EV after grants/allowances/tax concessions. I took delivery of the U.K. version 10 days ago and while it’s range and carrying capacity are not issues for me it’s an absolute blast to drive despite basically being a city car……….. I bought mine as a fun car/shopping trolley!

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #932701 7th Dec 2021 10:04am
W84IT

United States 
Tim, I didn't know they made a fully electric mini cooper...that's cool. However, I'm more comfortable in larger vehicles. I'm 6'3" tall and weigh 200lbs. I've owned 2 Hummer H2's in the past and I loved them so the new Hummer EV has my attention. Ray
2016.5 Range Rover HSE
Post #932728 7th Dec 2021 2:36pm
Garthlands

United Kingdom 
If you think you have outrageous gas prices in the US, you should try filling up in the UK!!😮😮
The equivalent of a US gallon would cost you $7.30 today
Post #932771 7th Dec 2021 8:05pm
W84IT

United States 
It's currently $5.39 per gallon for premium/91 octane here in California...other states are actually a little less. I can't imagine paying $7.30 per gallon. It's not about what I can afford but I'm more focused on what I can save by having an EV for daily city driving.

The electric Jaguar I-Pace that my wife drives daily has a 5 year unlimited mile warranty with included scheduled maintenance. We've only had it for a few weeks and already see a significant amount in savings. Plus, the I-Pace handles like a sports car and the air suspension makes it a smooth ride! Ray
2016.5 Range Rover HSE
Post #932783 7th Dec 2021 9:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345