↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > Will the Defender get Automatic parking mode via iPhone ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Will the Defender get Automatic parking mode via iPhone ?
The new Range Rover has a great function to park the car via smartphone from outside. If the parking place is too narrow.
I would like to have this function on my Defender.
Is it possible to have this via Pivi update as the car has the cams, sensors, brake hold etc. ?
Or is this a more complicated issue? 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #932358 3rd Dec 2021 11:40pm
Chugga90

Would you really trust Land Rover to get that right? Rolling with laughter
Post #932375 4th Dec 2021 8:36am
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Well they showed that some years ago as prototype even remote control the car in difficult off road situations.
You stay outside of your LR and move the car via smartphone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw0zRdlhI8M 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #932380 4th Dec 2021 9:34am
Tim in Scotland

Parking in a narrow parking bay also has the draw back that the people in the cars either side of yours either cannot get into their car or if they are of racing sardine build, they slam their car door against your car in frustration………. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #932387 4th Dec 2021 11:09am
J77

Scotland 
Even harder for us with 90s, the doors are massive. Though if I’ve to go shopping I’m out early so normally get an end bay.

There is a good multi-storey car park not far from me, they made the bays bigger. Instead of 3 bays between the pillars it’s now 2. Downside though, because I was too tight to give LR an extra £1600 for air suspension my 90 can’t get under the barrier. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #932395 4th Dec 2021 11:50am
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
I understand that I normally do not search the narrow places, but most times the other cars either park very near my car or put their car slightly diagonally the way that I can't get in my car. In this case it would be nice to move the car out of the parking lot with the smartphone.
I think the technic is already inside the car it just needs to be enabled by PIVI update. I already now can move the steering wheel with the heater dial knob when towing a trailer, there is no physical link between the steering wheel and the dial knob it's just software. The same goes for moving forward / backward and breaking it's all controllable via software.

Please Land Rover just a little 3.5 or 4.0 PIVI update and I will be happy Very Happy 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #932492 5th Dec 2021 2:41pm
lohr500

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Chugga90 wrote:
Would you really trust Land Rover to get that right? Rolling with laughter

Assuming JLR could get it right, I am not so sure I would trust many of the Chelsea brigade to park even a Smart Car by remote control, let alone a full fat RR or Defender. Imagine the carnage that could ensue.
Post #932528 5th Dec 2021 7:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1