↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres (L663) > 18" All season Michelin tyres very capable in mud
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
18" All season Michelin tyres very capable in mud
Last week at a rainy dark evening a car (900 kg) got stuck in a muddy field. Actually the female driver wanted to reverse the her car but got stuck. Moving forward didn't work so she drove backwards downhill. Exactly to the lowest point of the field where all the rain comes together she got stuck completely.
I drove by that way and noticed the headlights of the car. I proposed to pull her car out.
So I drove inside the field near to her car, fixed her car with a nylon rope and tried to pull her out uphill. At first I got stuck too with my 18" all season standard Michelin tyres. After choosing terrain response mud programs, I pulled the car with no problem.
Unfortunately I took no pictures, too dark, too rainy, too muddy.
But here are 2 pictures I took the other day, let's hope the farmer isn't too angry that I ploughed his field. Whistle
Don't ask what is the female logic to drive backwards in a muddy field? Rolling with laughter

But I was impressed what simple tyres can do with the right car or was it a lot of luck?

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #932498 5th Dec 2021 3:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1