↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > General & Technical (L663) > JLR has already demonstrated New Defender to the Spanish MoD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
JLR has already demonstrated New Defender to the Spanish MoD
"The New Land Rover Defender has quietly surfaced in Spain on the International Defence Expo circuit as the FEINDEF 21 Official Vehicle, reports Bob Morrison."

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

" an executive from Jaguar Land Rover Spain was more forthcoming today and confirmed the rumours I had previously heard that Jaguar Land Rover had already demonstrated New Defender to the Spanish MoD were true.

As Spain is one of several nations expected to issue replacement vehicle programme tender requirements over the next two to three years, it would be surprising if Land Rover weren’t at least dipping their toes in the water… and especially so as the New G-Class and the even newer INEOS Grenadier are both looking to tap into future military Light and Medium Utility Vehicle replacement contracts."

https://www.joint-forces.com/military-land...ef-vehicle
Post #930559 21st Nov 2021 8:58am
keith

Scotland 
At least they got the colour right, Cat.
Post #930561 21st Nov 2021 9:17am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Depends which part of Spain, a green sand mix would be better suited….. Whistle

Can’t expect anyone at JLR to research the consumer…….and with a plethora of goat tracks and rocky ground……18 inch rims and still small tyres say no more.

Looks more like a vanity project to highlight a vehicle built in the EU and not Brexit Britain.

JLR should have put their effort into going to the California motor show and thrown a couple of surf boards on the roof whilst highlighting their little portable shower…..
Post #930562 21st Nov 2021 9:30am
Sepp

Germany 
Well, it can climb tree stumps. Four at a time even. Rolling with laughter
Post #930688 22nd Nov 2021 3:35pm
LRSpain004

Spain 
Well if the Spanish military buy it, they will one the only ones in Spain. I have never seen a locally registered one here. The prices are way too high for the Spanish and with manufacturer car loans at 7-8% ......
Post #930696 22nd Nov 2021 4:54pm
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
With the Russian military sitting on the border to Ukraine complete with machinery that requires different sized hammers to keep them running and JLR are showing off a (cough) military vehicle where the occupants would no doubt WANT to take a hammer to all 85 ECU’s…. Whistle

And on top of that it’s a years wait……Can you imagine Churchill phoning Hitler and asking him to wait a year whilst we wait for the Spitfire orders to come through.

Even if they were trying to push it as a white fleet vehicle other EU countries will have a cheaper alternative. Or Spain would be told what to order if they succeed with the EU army they have been talking for years about.

And finally, and I am guessing here, it’s not even a paint job, just another show pony wrap.

I am a certain French built utility vehicle would be made available…….. Whistle
Post #930701 22nd Nov 2021 5:18pm
LRSpain004

Spain 
like everything else here in Spain. There used to be many LR's in various Gov agencies but apart from the odd D5 or old FL2, they have all been replaced by Toyota LC Prados, buy the 1000's, as as that is such an exceptionally reliable vehicle, it makes perfect sense. There are some 10 year old 130 DC's still used by the province in forestry.
Post #930736 22nd Nov 2021 7:40pm
J77

Scotland 
Looks like the Czech police are set to take 30 of them

https://www.czdefence.com/article/the-poli...czech-army

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #932331 3rd Dec 2021 8:07pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Good find. Thumbs Up

Googling around your post, and I found this:

"Most of the cars will be used mainly for overseas missions to protect the external borders of the European Union, but some will also perform missions in the Czech Republic. Their primary task will be to enable police officers to move quickly even in hard-to-reach areas."

" All vehicles delivered to date have been delivered in basic equipment level S and supplemented with items important for police activities. Four cars were painted in classic black and received only light modifications, then the remaining six cars received a matte NATO green color and additional off-road equipment, which was installed by Dajbych.

"New accessories include radio and warning sound equipment, WARN winch, rescue accessories, radio station, recording camera, durable seat covers, luggage compartment grille, inner rubber protection, voltage converter, fire extinguisher, etc."

https://www.pakistanchristian.tv/czech-pol...-defender/

I wonder what reference to a "stronger" engine means?

"According to the contract for the delivery of 30 cars according to ČTK, the Czech Police will pay 2.18 million crowns with VAT for each car [I make that 73,210.63 Pound sterling], however, police Defenders have a stronger version of the six-cylinder and other equipment (for example, a second set of wheels, grille between front and rear seats and more)."

https://www.newsy-today.com/green-icebreak...-the-army/

And a civvi version for 53,698.99 Pound sterling ex VAT:

Click image to enlarge

https://www.dajbych.cz/mission
Post #932376 4th Dec 2021 7:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1