↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Defender 90 D250 SE ordered
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
nowrxo

Defender 90 D250 SE ordered
After much contemplation, I placed an order for the following today (takes deep breath):

* Defender 90 D250 SE
* Hakuba silver metallic paint with white contrast roof
* 20" style 5098 wheels
* Privacy glass
* Dinamica/suedecloth textile seats
* 12-way heated and cooled front seats
* 40:20:40 heated rear seats
* Driver assist pack
* Air suspension pack
* Advanced off-road capability pack
* Cold climate pack
* Electronic active differential
* Solar attenuating windscreen
* Three-zone climate control
* Air quality sensor
* Cabin air ionisation with PM2.5 filter
* ClearSight rear view mirror
* 11.4" screen
* Head-up display (HUD)

As the specification includes the HUD and I want the digital dashboard, it's gone into the holding pool, where no doubt it will remain for months and months. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get it until mid-2022. All the ordering and payment of the deposit was done via email and over the phone, which was a bit novel. I had an extended test drive back in June and another one in July, which helped make my mind up. This will be my first Land Rover.

The basic specification has been fixed in my mind for months, but I've changed my mind on colour countless times. For a long time, I wanted Eiger Grey with a white roof, then I changed to Pangea Green with a white roof, then to Hakuba Silver with a black roof and finally to what it is now. This video helped make my mind up.

I'm planning on adding a few accessories, such as the extended wheel arches and rear tow hoops.
Post #918046 20th Aug 2021 7:38pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Nice.

It looks like I will be rejoining you in the holding pool having ordered back last April.
Post #918049 20th Aug 2021 7:59pm
4B4B

United Kingdom 
Nice specification (very similar to what I hope to get ....one day).

I think we are in for a fair wait though. Mine was supposed to being being built next month, but now JLR have run out of full digital instrument clusters, there is no telling when it will be now. I was told the wait will be 12 months plus. Others have been advised of 14-16 month lead-times. Maybe that's a pessimistic figure, to manage expectations, and persuade more people to accept the downgraded version. Again who knows?... I believe the standard delivery time on new Defender orders is in excess of 12 months already.

How did you manage to order the HUD? My understanding is that these too have been pulled from the MY22 spec, across all models. I couldn't see it in the configurator any more. I've ordered it on mine previously. But have not been advised it's no longer available.

Back in the holding pool for me, and wait patiently for a year or so. And in the meantime, I guess I must have freed up a build slot for someone else to get theirs sooner. So someone will be happy. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #918105 21st Aug 2021 1:00pm
nowrxo

Not sure about the HUD. The dealer was quite happy for me to order the car with it included, though looking at the emails I've received, I think at the moment they've just added a placeholder order to the holding pool and they'll update to my exact specification in due course. It may be that they just add a note against my order saying "Customer wants HUD" and they'll monitor the situation.

I'm assuming that at some point the HUD will become available again (like the 11.4" screen is back now, following an absence of a few months), and they'll then update my order accordingly. If there's no alternative, I'll remove it from my order, but I'm hoping that I won't have to. Doing without the digital dashboard would be a deal breaker, however.

The configurator does still list the HUD as a standard-fit option with the "X" and the V8 models, so presumably (assuming that it's correct), they still have some parts available.

Let's hope that it's worth the wait for all of us currently in the holding pool!
Post #918110 21st Aug 2021 1:45pm
4B4B

United Kingdom 
Seems a fair enough approach by the dealer.

Hopefully the HUD will be back in stock once the digital dash situation is resolved. Like you though, it's not a deal breaker for me. Just a 'nice-to-have'.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. And as a positive, hopefully a few more software updates down the line, so hopefully a few more niggles ironed out. Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #918114 21st Aug 2021 2:56pm
nowrxo

I got my order form today, and got the dealer to clarify the situation with the HUD:

Quote:

The vehicle has been ordered as per your requested specification including Interactive Driver Display and Head Up Display.

Land Rover will notify us when they submit the vehicle into build, this will happen when these items become available again.

Quote:

The vehicle has got HUD in the order specification notes on our system, stating to add this when this is an available option.
Post #918323 23rd Aug 2021 2:37pm
Rgk787

United Kingdom 
Is this order still going ahead. I ordered similar and was told I had to upgrade to an HSE.
Post #930830 23rd Nov 2021 3:57pm
mbso

Italy 
Nice... now just wait Smile

I hope for my build to add the HUD after the summer... DISCOVERY 4 2013
VOLVO XC90 2017
MY23.5 110 D250 SE in Santorini Black
Post #930867 23rd Nov 2021 7:24pm
nowrxo

Rgk787 wrote:
Is this order still going ahead. I ordered similar and was told I had to upgrade to an HSE.

Nope, I cancelled yesterday. A combination of uncertain delivery times, ever-changing option availability and the price increase were the main factors.

Had I continued, I would have been upgraded to an HSE, though I was given the option of changing to an X-Dynamic SE.
Post #930892 23rd Nov 2021 9:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1