↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Seatbox mods - what has worked for you?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Shroppy

United Kingdom 1986 Defender 130 V8 Petrol HCPU Aintree Green
Seatbox mods - what has worked for you?
Whilst uni assignments and work prevent me from making any meaningful progress on any of my LR projects, I'm considering aspects of my previous 110 that I'd like to improve in my 127.

Next up is the seating arrangement, at 6"5 the standard set up is far from ideal. Angleable seat risers (exmoor?) and a smaller steering wheel improved things considerably but meant I was looking out the top 1/4 of the windscreen and the b posts were still in the way. Laughing

I've often wondered about moving the seats inboard by an inch, whilst this would move me off centre to the steering wheel I can't see it being a major issue as the seating position in my daily driver (Seat Leon) is offset anyway. This could be achieved by some custom risers or adjusted fixing positions in the seatbox - currently favouring the latter.

Trouble is, that alone won't address the leg room / height issue... I could locally trim the upstand at the rear of the seatbox/toe panel but it might look a bit naff and wouldn't really gain me much in terms of legroom. I stumbled upon this great thread - https://nas-row.com/index.php?threads/alte...463/page-3 but I have enough fabrication projects and it would only hold things up further.

So, has anyone found a solution? Rolling with laughter 1985 127 V8 Build Thread
Series 2 109"
Series 1 80"
Post #930545 20th Nov 2021 11:41pm
geobloke

United Kingdom 
Apart from ducking or haunching over a little, nope... There really isn't a lot of space to play around with.

Like you say a smaller steering wheel and perhaps a seat with a thinner more low profile seat base are the obvious "part" solutions.
Post #930584 21st Nov 2021 2:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1