↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > INEOS Grenadier > Reserved
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 13 <123 ... 111213
Print this entire topic · 
County V8

United Kingdom 
This right from the horses mouth companies use random invoice numbers to stop people gathering information as they don't want you guessing about how many they may or may not have sold or where you are in the queue.

Click image to enlarge
Post #926354 19th Oct 2021 1:03pm
Arkaig

Scotland 
Supacat wrote:
Not everyone is talking about invoice numbers though...

but I've never heard of any business issuing invoice numbers randomly also?

From a FB group, it would appear Ineos invoice numbers are indeed random:

Click image to enlarge
Post #926362 19th Oct 2021 1:15pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Anybody tested what they are saying against the facts..."completely random"? Those already published appear to be anything but...

And as I said, we have not all been talking about invoice numbers...

Supacat wrote:
Mike - that's why i don't really want to use invoice numbers or timings.

Can you go off the confirmation number/time BST from the the Order Confirmation email?
Post #926379 19th Oct 2021 2:27pm
ADVAW8S

United States 
As a business, I would want orders to keep coming in. Ppl may not put an order in if they believe they won't get their order till 2024. Anyways here is a article about invoice numbers and why you shouldn't/cant do random.

Outside of the amount due, the invoice number is the second most important number on your invoice. Systematically assigning a unique number to each invoice will give you an identifier for it. Use this identifier to look up an invoice on a computer when a customer calls with an invoice question or to find a physical copy of the invoice in your files. Structure your invoice number any way that best suits your needs, as long as you end the number with a distinctive sequential identifier.

Sequential Invoice Numbering
Most business accounting software by default uses sequential numbering for invoices. Sequential invoice numbering is the foundation for creating distinctive invoice numbers. The invoice numbering starts with the number “1” unless you override it. For example, if you prefer a five-digit invoice number, you can replace the “1” with the number, “10,000.”

The software will automatically assign the next invoice number, “10,001.”
Post #926431 19th Oct 2021 8:40pm
stng110

Australia 
Well, I started this thread and now I’m pulling out. I’ve seen and driven in the prototype, had a great chat to the Australian Grenadier staff and looked over the vehicle, and I’ve cancelled my reserve slot. Turns out it wasn’t for me. Up side…someone else who really loves it will get moved up one when orders are being placed Smile Good luck and look forward to hearing all the great stories!
Post #932693 7th Dec 2021 8:26am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Can you tell us why it isn't for you? Most of us haven't even seen it, let alone drive it, so some genuine first hand experience would be great. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #932703 7th Dec 2021 10:05am
stng110

Australia 
Sure, and these are personal things. There is nothing wrong with the Grenadier and I’m pretty sure people will love it. A few things factored into my decision, some related to design choices and some to practical issues.

I ‘m not enamoured by the lack of a driver’s display. I get why they want to keep the dash in front of the driver uncluttered, but having core information in the centre (like speed) but not right in front of the driver is not something I’d enjoy. My Defender gives great visibility to the front corners, but it still has a driver’s display.

I found the console design itself less appealing in person than in the pictures. The buttons are very big and very widely spaced, ostensibly for practical reasons. In person, it actually looked a bit cartoonish to me, at a size and separation that went beyond catering for gloves and wandered into the gimmicky (again, my sense of it). That hazard light looks faintly ridiculous in person, with the hash lines and bars (something I’d expect in a lego kit).

I love the idea of the aeroplane overhead panel, but it was essentially unusable while driving and not particularly ergonomic. The idea is you stop and have a think and engage a mode. But this seems more a justification than a reason. And given how big and spaced out the buttons on the front were, there was room to move the core overhead buttons to the front console. I mentioned that and was told they keep different functions separate (comfort versus 4x4 buttons), but I suggested a simple use of colour on the front panel or a different button shape would achieve the same thing without requiring me to crane my neck back. The cabin was perfectly functional otherwise, although the BMW gear knob was completely misplaced.

The boot space was another area where I had my doubts about design choices. The boot floor isn’t flat when the seats are laid down. There’s a lip. It may go in the final design, but it may not. The wheel arches intrude a long way into the boot and are sloped, meaning any space above the arches becomes less useful. Minor things, but still things that didn’t appeal to me.

It actually rides lower than I expected (258mm clearance, which is about 80mm lower than a Defender in full flight). Not a big deal for trundling around on farms, but serious off-roading would potentially require a lift kit of some sort. If it has adjustable height air suspension, that would also fix the problem, but that is not what this car is about, so I get it. The marketing manager basically admitted it wasn’t designed for serious off-roading, but rather as an off-road utility vehicle.

The tow bar bracket actually sits out from the rear skid plate. I’m not sure what impact that will have on departure angle, but some I suspect.

It is very tall (although perhaps no taller than an old Defender) and looks a bit top heavy (I’m sure it isn’t). It won’t actually fit in my garage! But my Defender will.

Looks are subjective. It looks purposeful and utilitarian. It also looks like an old Defender. Neither of these are complaints. But I did find myself underwhelmed by how it looked. Many will have the opposite response though. I guess I’m taken by how capable and yet composed and refined the new Defender is, and this seemed a world away from that but at the same price. Again, not a criticism, but perhaps just an indication of personal preference.

It drove nicely on the off-road track we followed. So no criticisms there. Not sure how it would drive on the road, and I was a passenger only, so take my general admiration for its off-road driving quality with a grain of salt.

The cost and lead time are both significantly higher than they really should be for something that is a very conservative design (basically a modern take on a body on frame tractor) and heavily promoted. In Australia, even if they dodge the luxury car tax (which they are hoping to do), it is still going to cost upwards of AUD 95K without factory options. That is a hell of a lot for a car that is actually pretty basic. And delivery times are well into 2023 according to the AS/NZ service manager.

Finally, the business model is great. But will it be supported in ten year’s time? Will it hold up on resale? And how many annoying faults and bugs is this first generation vehicle going to have?

Having said all that, it would be a sight on the road and off it for sheer rarity and novelty. And it is likely to be a great utility vehicle. These are all very personal things and not general criticisms of the car or a decision to purchase it. Maybe in a few years time I’ll kick myself Smile

But at least “my” Grenadier will go to a good home…
Post #932777 7th Dec 2021 8:33pm
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Orkney Grey
Thanks for the feedback. Darren

110 USW BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER - 200tdi 90 BUILD THREAD - SANKEY TRAILER - IG@landroveranorak

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia
Post #932788 7th Dec 2021 10:21pm
ADVAW8S

United States 
Thanks for the feedback. I heard that they realized that it is riding lower than they wanted while testing and they are looking to raise it. I believe they are seeing in the test case and what people usage, you may see something a little more offroad focus. rumor has it they are now going to offer a second battery back already installed because people have been asking for it.
Post #932847 8th Dec 2021 4:26pm
stng110

Australia 
That’s interesting. Hopefully they can improve ground clearance without creating entry and vehicle height problems. Having said that, unless you are doing serious off-road driving it probably isn’t an issue.

The second battery would be excellent and the marketing manager did say to me that it was a factory option being considered.
Post #932885 8th Dec 2021 7:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 13 <123 ... 111213