Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > Sat Nav tracking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Oiltrail

United Kingdom 
Sat Nav tracking
Sat Nav tracking
Ooops I put this question in with the earlier Defenders, so here's my question now hopefully posted in the correct place;

Just replaced a Discovery 4 with a very nice Defender 2 110s. The sat nav in the Discovery could be set to show the last 45 miles of the route travelled (line of dots). This option was accessed in the offroad element but would then be available in the road version of the sat nav. As yet I haven't been able to find how to do this in the Defender 2 sat nav can anyone help? Land Rover don't seem to know.
My 10 year old Garmin Zumo 660 has this facility and records previous jouneys upto 2 or 300 miles, I can't believe it wouldn't be available in a more modern vehicle especially when it may be required to backtrack over off-road routes (but not for me just on road required - sadly).
Post #868799 21st Nov 2020 4:41pm
J77

Scotland 
The Defender learns routes you take and all journeys are recorded on the incontrol app.
Post #868802 21st Nov 2020 4:52pm
Oiltrail

United Kingdom 
Hi J77
Thanks for that info, I'll have a look and see what we've got.
Now for the confession, wifey and I are both in our mid 70's and have been serial Discovery owners since 1990 (doing our best for British industry). But I guess you can imagine we're not the most up-to-date techos. My wife mainly drives the Land Rover (and loves 'em to bits, it's her car). She's a regular rambler that takes her to some out of the way start points and doesn't necessarily return home straight away and so finds following her tracks very handy for getting back to where she may have started from.
I'm sure she wouldn't mind me saying but she isn't the world's best navigator, so really she would like to be able to look at the satnav and see where she has just come from.
By looking up the incontrol app will we be able to enable tracking actually on the car?
Anyhow, thanks for your speedy reply I'll see what I can do, pity LR assist couldn't tell me that.
Regards
Bob

Last edited by Oiltrail on 21st Nov 2020 9:54pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #868836 21st Nov 2020 6:45pm
J77

Scotland 
Hi Bob

I’ve yet to get my Defender, but there’s a few on here who have, they’ll keep you right on the tech.
Post #868838 21st Nov 2020 6:55pm
karthikashok

Singapore 
Navigation maps blank
Hi my navigation is blank and does not load any maps. I live in Singapore. I have found the navigation service is HERE Navigation, do they provide support for Singapore? This is a parallel import car so I am not sure if service is restricted to UK.
Post #924211 3rd Oct 2021 11:36am
Tim in Scotland

Yesterday I was driving closed Forestry Trails and not only were all the Galloway Forest tracks in the database but the “lady in the dash” was able to create a turn by turn route guidance along them back to the Visitor Centre I started from.
Additionally on the drive there and back she routed me over a fantastic 20 mile long single track unclassified road recently resurfaced over the tops of the Galloway hills - if ever you are in SW Scotland the back road from Glentrool Village to Cloyntie is a magic drive, can be done at relatively high speed too - plenty of twisty bits but also a few wandering sheep on the sides of the road. Only met up with one other car in both directions too.

Click image to enlarge

Good for the fuel consumption too for an uphill down dale cross country single track

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 4th Oct 2021 9:45am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #924350 4th Oct 2021 9:22am
SN

I've sure I've done that road a couple of times after a drop into the Visitors Centre at Glen Trool - it is stunningly beautiful drive

Last time we had stopped in a cottage in New Luce and drove straight out of the top the village to ultimately reach that road (via the main road dogleg) which is equally a stunning drive.

And back to the OP - I've rooted trough my Google Timeline and found the day I last did it - 22nd August 2016.

Due to the patchy phone service of course the actual run on that road was missed but I've bunged it back in in red

Click image to enlarge

So if you're on Android turn on your Google Timeline. And keep it turned on. Generally it will always help you follow your tracks back to where you've been! I turned mine on, on 26th December 2013. Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #924355 4th Oct 2021 9:31am
Tim in Scotland

Do we need a “roads to drive before you die” section?

The road from St John’s Town to Dalmellington is also a great drive but can be busy as it’s an A road
There are two great off-roading routes just off it but due to Scottish Land Access laws you need the land owners permission to drive them, unless you can find an official Forest Drive but they can be driven by sports cars if you feel like ragging your MX5 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #924371 4th Oct 2021 10:41am
karthikashok

Singapore 
Re: Navigation maps blank
karthikashok wrote:
Hi my navigation is blank and does not load any maps. I live in Singapore. I have found the navigation service is HERE Navigation, do they provide support for Singapore? This is a parallel import car so I am not sure if service is restricted to UK.

Click image to enlarge

I found the solution it is via the navigation software manual update link https://www.landrover.com/ownership/incont...load.html. However the map region is tagged to the vehicle VIN. Now I just need someone to help me with a VIN with SG maps Shocked
Post #926080 17th Oct 2021 2:53pm
J77

Scotland 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
Yesterday I was driving closed Forestry Trails and not only were all the Galloway Forest tracks in the database but the “lady in the dash” was able to create a turn by turn route guidance along them back to the Visitor Centre I started from.
Additionally on the drive there and back she routed me over a fantastic 20 mile long single track unclassified road recently resurfaced over the tops of the Galloway hills - if ever you are in SW Scotland the back road from Glentrool Village to Cloyntie is a magic drive, can be done at relatively high speed too - plenty of twisty bits but also a few wandering sheep on the sides of the road. Only met up with one other car in both directions too.

Might give that a try at some point. Thumbs Up 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #926112 17th Oct 2021 6:14pm
karthikashok

Singapore 
Re: Navigation maps blank
karthikashok wrote:
karthikashok wrote:

Click image to enlarge

I found the solution it is via the navigation software manual update link https://www.landrover.com/ownership/incont...load.html. However the map region is tagged to the vehicle VIN. Now I just need someone to help me with a VIN with SG maps Shocked

Sorry to have bombed this thread, but since I found the solution I thought I will post it. I contacted L Radvice lradvice@jaguarlandrover.com and they helped me find a solution to this problem, they updated their servers which enabled SE Asia to my maps downloader . I downloaded it, copied it to a thumb drive using the MapDownloader and manually installed it using the front USB port and that fixed the problem. Now have all SE Asia maps.
Post #926925 24th Oct 2021 7:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1