↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > Delays
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Kiter25

Scotland 
Delays
Notice an update on the landrover website in the last few days where you can see which models are delayed and a rough timescale, not looking great.
Post #925092 9th Oct 2021 4:50pm
nowrxo

The page is here: https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicle-availability.html

My order is for a D250 SE, and the page says "Delays may continue for 9-12 months". If I'm reading right, that's how long they think there will be component shortages impacting delivery to customers, not how long a customer might have to wait.

My car has the HUD, which is not available at all currently. So I might have to wait a minimum of 9 months for it to become available again, then wait for the car to be assigned a build slot, then be built and delivered. How long will the wait be once all the components are available again? 3 months? 6 months? Could I end up waiting until 2023?

The component shortage is bad for most/all manufacturers, but LR (and particularly the Defender) seem worse hit than most. Why is that? I've read about 10" screen shortages, 11.4" screen shortages, digital dashboard shortages, HUD shortages, matrix light shortages and adaptive cruise shortages. What next? A shortage of door handles?

It's only about six weeks since I placed my order, but I'm already wondering whether I should cancel.
Post #925097 9th Oct 2021 5:17pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
It's pretty useless information they are dishing out:

Delays may continue for up to 6 months
Delays may continue for 6-9 months
Delays may continue for 9-12 months
Delays may continue for more than 12 months
Severely impacted and limited availability

BUT NO MENTION OF WHAT/HOW LONG THE DELAYS ARE... Banging Head Thud

And struggling to understand why:

RRS with P575 5.0 Petrol - SVR is "Delays may continue for up to 6 months" whilst Defender P525 5.0 Petrol - V8 is "Severely impacted and limited availability".
Post #925099 9th Oct 2021 5:24pm
walfy

juwivive wrote:
The page is here: https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicle-availability.html

My order is for a D250 SE, and the page says "Delays may continue for 9-12 months". If I'm reading right, that's how long they think there will be component shortages impacting delivery to customers, not how long a customer might have to wait.

My car has the HUD, which is not available at all currently. So I might have to wait a minimum of 9 months for it to become available again, then wait for the car to be assigned a build slot, then be built and delivered. How long will the wait be once all the components are available again? 3 months? 6 months? Could I end up waiting until 2023?

The component shortage is bad for most/all manufacturers, but LR (and particularly the Defender) seem worse hit than most. Why is that? I've read about 10" screen shortages, 11.4" screen shortages, digital dashboard shortages, HUD shortages, matrix light shortages and adaptive cruise shortages. What next? A shortage of door handles?

It's only about six weeks since I placed my order, but I'm already wondering whether I should cancel.

I placed my order and paid my deposit on Sept 1st, had email from LR showing that I had been allocated a build slot, email dated 7th Oct, so 5-6 weeks. Build date is just before xmas. I've ordered a 110 hardtop SE if that makes a difference.
I asked my dealer the question about the lights, dash etc etc, here was their response

The supply issue of parts is on-going and changing all time currently for Defender there are issues with the supply of the following parts that all come as standard on the Defenders, Interactive Driver Display, matrix LED Headlights, 3D surround camera and Heads up display. If the factory are unable to gain these parts they are notifying us on a case by case basis and it is normally close to when the cars are entering build and they have a better idea of the parts situation. Currently all these parts remain on your build!!! 110 D250 SE HT
110 USW SOLD
RRE HSE Dynamic Gone, wife killed it
VOLVO XC60 R Dynamic with some toys

Polaris RZR 900XP SOLD
Post #925413 12th Oct 2021 10:27am
markb110

England 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Epsom Green
Can’t they just supply shells then offer to rebody your existing 90/110 …..

Might be quicker in the long run… Whistle

Let’s face it, if Foers could do it with the Ibex…… Thumbs Up
Post #925430 12th Oct 2021 2:20pm
Ace7711

Germany 
walfy wrote:

I placed my order and paid my deposit on Sept 1st, had email from LR showing that I had been allocated a build slot, email dated 7th Oct, so 5-6 weeks. Build date is just before xmas. I've ordered a 110 hardtop SE if that makes a difference.
I asked my dealer the question about the lights, dash etc etc, here was their response

The supply issue of parts is on-going and changing all time currently for Defender there are issues with the supply of the following parts that all come as standard on the Defenders, Interactive Driver Display, matrix LED Headlights, 3D surround camera and Heads up display. If the factory are unable to gain these parts they are notifying us on a case by case basis and it is normally close to when the cars are entering build and they have a better idea of the parts situation. Currently all these parts remain on your build!!!

It sounds like the Hard Top is different, why I don't know. I ordered mine on July 7th and have had no response other than "we can't deliver the Matrix LED - is that OK"?
But great info on "If the factory are unable to gain these parts they are notifying us on a case by case basis and it is normally close to when the cars are entering build and they have a better idea of the parts situation." could mean that mine will enter a build slot.... Smile 110 D250 SE Tasman Blue, white roof, black pack, advanced towing pack, rear diff locker, driver assist

Last edited by Ace7711 on 13th Oct 2021 2:05pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #925436 12th Oct 2021 3:01pm
jomara

Scotland 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Just received a January build date for our 110XS, unfortunately we have also had the email to say no matrix headlights, if we definitely want these it will be a case of cancelling and placing an placing a new order for a 23MY, with an expected delivery of January 23 Shocked 2014 110 2.2TDCi XS Station wagon
1971 Bowler Tomcat 88 4.2 V8 Auto
2022 110 250D XS
Post #925437 12th Oct 2021 3:12pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
MY23 out this week (Dealer confirmed) so we will know shortly the implications / cost implications.

Looks like I might jump back to BMW. Have a test drive booked and a good price (9%) off on an X545E
Post #925454 12th Oct 2021 7:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1