↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Modifications & Maintenance (L663) > PPF is it worth it
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Matt110

United Kingdom 
Anyone ever had it fitted to a classic defender?

If so any feedback?
Post #925342 11th Oct 2021 7:05pm
Tim in Scotland

A member of the off-road club I’m a member off looked into it and for a 2016 classic Defender 90 the quote was double the price of my New Defender 110 but the fitters advised against going ahead because it would be impossible to wrap cleanly over the rivet heads on the sides. I suggested only going up to the rail below the rivets but even the smoothed off welds/rivets on the rear quarters would trap air under the film. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #925352 11th Oct 2021 8:28pm
The Phantom Menace

Belgium 
My neighbor spoke to me about PPF. I didn't really know PFF before. He said this would help with the stone chips. He immediately aroused my interest, because my Peugeot 208 is full of stone chips on the bumper and hood.

Thanks in part to him & you guys here, I started taking PPF seriously. Last week I visited an installer and signed an order.

My car will be brought in for an Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF wrap on April 11. The entire car (including mirrors, headlights and A-pillars next to the windshield) is treated, except the roof, trunk and rear bumper. The total price (including VAT) is €5.225,01. Ofcource they will start with washing the car, which is also included.

I think this is expensive, but I'm sure it will provide peace of mind with all kinds of scratches (handbags from people walking past the car, off-road bushes, ...) and stone chips.

The great thing is that the PPF increases the second-hand value and I may still be able to have the PPF wrap included with my insurer. I will inquire about this further. Spec: Land Rover New Defender 110 X-Dynamic SE - P400
Post #1027567 11th Mar 2024 1:01am
Chris86

United Kingdom 2005 Defender 110 Td5 USW Chawton White
PPF
Not seen it on a classic defender, there is a G-Wagen we use at work which I have known since 2016- it’s had a 3m product of PPF on since then and it’s done a pretty remarkable job, even taking being driven through ice regularly in the winter and recovering pretty much unmarked when it’s then been hot washed.

The film on the front bumper has been replaced following taking some fairly big scrapes but otherwise I’m 99% sure it’s original on everywhere else.
Post #1027600 11th Mar 2024 1:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12