↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > How long after placing order did you...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 18 of 20 <123 ... 17 181920>
Print this entire topic · 
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Yep, I'm luckier than you but we both on the sinking end. Maybe we should have ordered a diesel!
Post #921348 13th Sep 2021 8:12pm
Supacat

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Keswick Green
Interesting contrast to how Ford appear to be dealing with Brocho buyers...

"No Bronco yet? Ford wants to buy you a drink

A bottle of bourbon is one way to make the wait for a Ford Bronco less frustrating.

That’s one suggestion Ford Motor Co. made to dealers for using money it’s giving them to manage impatient Bronco buyers.

The automaker has created a “satisfaction” fund that allows for a maximum of $1,000 per customer as deliveries of the new SUV are delayed by quality issues with the vehicle’s roof, the Detroit Free Press reported last week.

In a letter to dealers about the fund, Ford offered a number of ideas for helping customers deal with the wait, including payment assistance on another vehicle, free maintenance, a discount on an extended service contract or a bottle of their favorite bourbon or other spirit.

Jeff King, general manager of Bozard Ford-Lincoln in St. Augustine, Fla., is using the fund to rent the Bronco Off-Roadeo track in Texas and pay for 35 customers to fly there.

“We’re going to max out the funds on people who want to go with us. It paid for airfare and two nights at Horseshoe Bay,” King told the newspaper. “For us, we would rather create experiences than buy a keychain for people.”

https://presslasvegas.com/auto/no-bronco-y...u-a-drink/

Top marks to Ford. Bow down
Post #921468 14th Sep 2021 5:44pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Finally it arrives
Last Friday I was told by my dealer that my Defender is with the importer.
Today I got a call „We will have your car next week. Probably I can pick it up on Friday or Monday afterwards.“

Now I‘m happy Laughing Rolling with laughter Bow down Thumbs Up

I suppose no Gin nor voucher for my 8 months waiting? Rolling Eyes 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)

Last edited by cyberhusky on 15th Sep 2021 6:38pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #921603 15th Sep 2021 1:54pm
J77

Scotland 
I received a hamper from LR when my Evoque was delayed back in 2011. And that was only delayed a month. 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #921606 15th Sep 2021 2:23pm
pjm-84

United Kingdom 
Interesting attitude from VW on California orders at the moment.

£500 accessory voucher to spend once the vehicle arrives or a service pack to the value of £540 as a way of sorry for the delay and here is a little something for bearing with us.
Post #921614 15th Sep 2021 3:53pm
leeloo

Luxembourg 
So after the debacle with my defender order, I ordered a Disco 5. Like the defender, pretty basic stuff, it came about 1-2 k more than the defender.
THe order is signed, and they told me that the screw up was at JLR level, and they felt like they had to do something, so they reserved a build slot for me, with some luck I will get it end of december, early Jan.
So now, fingers crossed.. Defender P300 on order
Post #922039 20th Sep 2021 6:55am
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Congrats for your choice.
Saw my Defender today, delivery next Tuesday. Ordered end January

Click image to enlarge
 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)

Last edited by cyberhusky on 21st Sep 2021 8:16pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #922247 21st Sep 2021 4:51pm
Cedric74

Belgium 
Placing order in the beginning of September, arrived in may 😬
Post #922263 21st Sep 2021 6:46pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
I called into my dealer today as I was in the area and I knew my build had to be locked in by the 29th Sept. I got a surprise when he looked up the order and it has already been committed to build a week ago and should be here 2 weeks earlier than I expected. Not going to get my hopes up but looks fairly good?
Post #923106 27th Sep 2021 8:42pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
I got mine yesterday. I'm impressed Bow down Bow down Bow down Bow down 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #923518 29th Sep 2021 7:37pm
Ace7711

Germany 
Ordered early July and nothing
New here and love all the informations.
I have a D250 SE with towing package, rear diff lock, clear view mirror and driver assist on order but still no build date.
The contract says delivery in Q1 2022 so there is a long wait and I hope it'll get not pushed back.
Post #923679 30th Sep 2021 11:42am
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Mine should be built in 9 days from now 🤞🏻
Post #923956 1st Oct 2021 6:57pm
Tim in Scotland

I ordered a small EV this week, the dealer had a build slot for the EV version in the 1st week of November but they also advised that cars haven’t been appearing within 6 weeks of build but I could be looking at a February delivery too. A friend ordered a lower spec ICE version of the same marque which was supposed to be delivered in September and now it’s March if he insists on having the digital dash that is now supposed to be standard, he’ll get it in November if he takes it with the old analogue dash with full dials and needles. I asked if he had also asked for a drop in the price if there’s no digital dash and he had never thought about it………. As it’s a second car and a convertible he’s not worried about not getting until March. Oh and it’s a Mini so BMW aren’t immune to chip supply issues even on lower spec cars. I’m not worried if mine is late as I still have a choice of Defenders on the drive until my 90 has sold. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #924010 2nd Oct 2021 7:51am
Tim in Scotland

Reference above post………. Just had a phone call from the Mini dealer to say despite telling me to expect it in the New Year or even February it was built in the last 24 hours and will arrive with them week commencing 22nd November! It’s laden with electronics but neither of the two options I added involve electronic kit (full de-chrome and gangsta glass for the rear windows) so it is in effect a basic spec Level3 (which is the fully loaded version anyway) Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #928372 3rd Nov 2021 5:10pm
andreig

Romania 
Defender X on order since forever. Last month got 12.11.2021 build slot. Today, surprise! Unslotted! 🤓 WTF
Post #928543 4th Nov 2021 7:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 18 of 20 <123 ... 17 181920>