↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Wheels & Tyres (L663) > Alloy Wheel refurbishers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Alloy Wheel refurbishers
I’ve had one chewed up alloy that was on the front near side then after a slow puncture got moved to the spare after repair. I did nothing about refurbishing the wheel though. I recently asked the local valeter/ detailing company if they did them or had knowledge of anyone local who could skim and re-polish the damage and they were able to tell of of 3 companies who do it but 2 of them they didn’t recommend but the 3rd is a nationwide (in the U.K.) franchise called We Restore Alloys. Turns out they have a large workshop in town so I paid them a visit for a quote. £96 for removing the tyre, repairing the wheel and remounting the tyre and balancing - 48 hour service guaranteed! Dropped the wheel and tyre off 0900 last Monday, Tuesday afternoon late on a phone call and email to say wheel and tyre will be ready to collect 0900 Wednesday. I couldn’t collect it until Thursday. Very pleased with the job done. They asked if anyone had recommended them to me so I to;d them the detailers down the road - ah, they said, the crowd that keeps sending us Rolls Royce, Maclaren , Porsche and Aston Martin wheels for clients cars ……..only thing is I now have to take the spare back off to line up the centre to satisfy my OCD……. Oh and I got a £10 voucher for a car wash at the detailers too, which is half the cost of a 30 minute wash and blow dry for a 110!

Wheel before

Click image to enlarge

Wheel after repair

Click image to enlarge
 Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #920847 10th Sep 2021 12:51pm
Andy S

United Kingdom 
Can you not reach in and pop the wheel centre off and re-align? They are held on by spring clips on most wheels. Sod lifting that wheel off for OCD reasons, my back wouldn't stand it.
Looks a good refurb job though.
Post #920898 10th Sep 2021 6:16pm
Tim in Scotland

Unfortunately the wheel mount goes very close up to the wheel centre with no room to get even one finger in there to press it out. Could be to prevent low life’s and small kids from souvenir taking? Yes the wheels are really heavy but at least LR included a nice chromed screw-on wheel hanger in the tool kit to assist with getting the wheel located to start putting the wheel nuts on Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #920992 11th Sep 2021 9:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1