↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > Perfect couple
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tompoole

England 2004 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Java Black
Perfect couple
Had these two for a while now and become quite attached.
110 was conrico landrovers own runaround , I’ve turned it into a work truck and weekend camper , added sleeping platform in rear , water tank 300L , oven travel buddy, fridge, 3 batteries, solar , dc dc charger , wolf rims and bfg km3, ostrich wing awn and sides , howling moon awn and sides……. I’m sure I’ve missed a few bits but it kept me busy in lockdown and had originally planned to sell but can’t part as she’s grown on me ……
The 90 …. Well I’ve had this as a shopping car for the wife for 8 years again I bought it to sell on but never managed to …. I’ve always kept it nice and added only few bits like solar , twin optimas , patriot rack , zu s, and bfg s .
Both landies have only done 92k miles with one previous owners .
Now gonna work through mechanical upgrades or refreshing / preventable maintenance…. Bloody love these trucks any comments appreciated……
Ps yes the badge on the 90 is still in wrong place I know Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge
 Have fun be happy
Post #918206 22nd Aug 2021 7:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Landymatt

United Kingdom 
Absolutely brilliant, especially love the things you’ve listed that you’ve done on the 110 - you’ve not messed about!
Would be interested to see more pics of the inside.
Can see why you’re attached, I wouldn’t be getting rid and as you’ve said would just be thinking of ways to maintain reliability and the odd extra comfort!
Post #918213 22nd Aug 2021 7:42pm
Tompoole

Cheers ….. they are serviced and MOTD yearly no matter what mileage they’ve done .Will sort few pics of 110 in week …. It’s not a show pony it’s a work horse and kept simple … even made some curtains lol
I had a lot of time on my hands in early 2020 lol Have fun be happy
Post #918217 22nd Aug 2021 7:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Hi Tom,
love the 2 together - we have 2 110’s so understand the ‘shopping’ vs ‘Fun’ choice

Can you let us know about the water tank you have - 300 ltr is a big lump and very heavy - is it in the back or under the chassis? (photos would be fab!)

Thumbs Up Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #918332 23rd Aug 2021 3:33pm
Tompoole

hi Wyvern

I had a plastic tank made to fit between wheel arches which then means you have a flat area and wheel arch hight ...perfect for a bed lol . its really not that special , I bought a campmor double mattress and works for me. I had plans to buy and sell the 90 to raise funds to do a similar job to you, not sure if you remember my many questions a few years back lol ..... I managed to buy and sell a few trading up as they say but these two have got under my skin so decided to try and slowly improve them instead,... ill look for some pics and take a few current ones tomorrow and post them on here. Have fun be happy
Post #918356 23rd Aug 2021 5:59pm
Tompoole

wyvern wrote:
Hi Tom,
love the 2 together - we have 2 110’s so understand the ‘shopping’ vs ‘Fun’ choice

Can you let us know about the water tank you have - 300 ltr is a big lump and very heavy - is it in the back or under the chassis? (photos would be fab!)

Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

These are few pics of 110 Have fun be happy
Post #918385 23rd Aug 2021 8:27pm
Tompoole

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Have fun be happy
Post #918387 23rd Aug 2021 8:29pm
wyvern

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Firenze Red
Tompoole wrote:
hi Wyvern

I had a plastic tank made to fit between wheel arches which then means you have a flat area and wheel arch hight ...perfect for a bed lol . its really not that special , I bought a campmor double mattress and works for me. I had plans to buy and sell the 90 to raise funds to do a similar job to you, not sure if you remember my many questions a few years back lol ..... I managed to buy and sell a few trading up as they say but these two have got under my skin so decided to try and slowly improve them instead,... ill look for some pics and take a few current ones tomorrow and post them on here.

The tank looks great and gives a good bed base for you there !
I like the simple set up you have and the clean areas on the side
As you know its all about compromises and use of space - we all have different priorities and the use of the floor in the back is one area everyone has ideas on how best to use - my partner loves the long MSS draw system we had on our previous 110 but its not practical on our current camper set up ...
our plans for water are to put a 60lt tank under the left side of the vehicle (very small amount compared to you) however this will give us about a weeks supply in the UK and 3 days supply when overlanding - we will have some plastic water cans on the side of the vehicle to hold some in reserve.

hope you have lots of great adventures Poppy - TDCI (Puma) 110XS 2.2 - Camper conversion - see the build here - https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic56530.html
Elgar -TDCI(Puma) 110XS Dormobile - now sold
Devon & Cornwall 4x4 Response - DC126
Post #918473 24th Aug 2021 9:01am
L110CDL

England 
Liking your " perfect pair " Tompoole Thumbs Up

Nice work on the 110 Very Happy 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up. Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #918910 27th Aug 2021 9:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1