↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Emergency Lane Assist intervenes when Lane Assist is off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
J77

Scotland 
Can’t say I’ve had any situations where I’ve found it to be dangerous, it’s corrected me on a few occasions on country roads but nothing that would force me back over to on coming traffic, if I meet something large on a country road I slow down and move over, then ELKA doesn’t cut in, as it knows I’m still there.

Auto speed limiter, never used on any LR that I’ve had it fitted to. On the very rare occasion I drive in the city I’ll use the manual speed limiter. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #918288 23rd Aug 2021 10:12am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Every vehicle I have ever driven has been fitted with a pretty reliable road sign recognition system, collision avoidance system, and "lane assist" system, all combined into one device known as "the driver". I really do fail to understand why we now need cars with clearly unreliable and complex systems to argue with the original system.

More effort should be put into making sure that more recent versions of "the driver" are up to the required standard before allowing them on the road.
Post #918293 23rd Aug 2021 10:28am
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
I love these systems, I’m talking ore our d5, but the latest d5 and defender seemed to detune these systems, so if they have fixed that, great

Lane assist and acc would effectively self drive the car on the D5, on the latest not as much

The collision detection, I would rather it catch it earlier than later, but even today a Walker who had stepped into the verge was detected by the system and the car momentarily intervened…but then what if it hadn’t and I didn’t?

All in, better to have them, although I agree some level of control of them should be possible Mike
Post #918432 23rd Aug 2021 10:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12