Home > Faults & Fixes (L663) > Emergency Braking Assist Disabled
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
SN

Emergency Braking Assist Disabled
Who else has had this one?

Click image to enlarge

Appeared as I started up my MY21 3.0litre D200 the day before I upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.0.10 (so not related)

I'm assuming this is a Go To Dealer resolution item? Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #912501 15th Jul 2021 12:47pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Normally it resets itself on next ignition cycle - but if not - yes a trip to the dealers
Post #912504 15th Jul 2021 12:57pm
Tim in Scotland

This might sound stupid but also check that the black section with the cameras at the top of the windscreen is clear of squashed bugs and also check that Land Rover oval badge on the front grille is also clean. My Emergency braking has triggered twice in the last week while driving at dusk with swarms of flies around, cleaning both the oval badge (it covers a sensor) and the black bit at the top of the screen has stopped it happening again. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #912552 15th Jul 2021 5:39pm
J77

Scotland 
Only time I’ve had that warning has been early in the morning when the camera is all condensation or ice. 23.5MY 90 D250 X-Dynamic SE, Pangea Green
Gone - 23MY 110 D250 XS Edition, Hakuba Silver
Gone - 21MY 90 D200 S, Tasman Blue, Fuji White roof.
Post #912595 15th Jul 2021 8:46pm
SN

Tim in Scotland wrote:
This might sound stupid but also check that the black section with the cameras at the top of the windscreen is clear of squashed bugs and also check that Land Rover oval badge on the front grille is also clean. My Emergency braking has triggered twice in the last week while driving at dusk with swarms of flies around, cleaning both the oval badge (it covers a sensor) and the black bit at the top of the screen has stopped it happening again.

Cheers Tim, I'll go have a look!
EDIT - made no difference! Time to get it booked in methinks - they can do my 110 bonnet vinyl at the same time and I might just pay for the tow loops to be fitted Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #912661 16th Jul 2021 10:55am
Philm

United Kingdom 
Mine did that, it was the radar behind the front badge that was faulty. No problems since the dealer changed it.
Post #912670 16th Jul 2021 11:48am
Webless

United Kingdom 
I just completed by first drive in my new 2021 P400x (200 mile round trip) and had this problem, mine was actually Emergency Braking, Lane Assistance not available. I was using, for the first time, the adaptive cruise control and lane assistance.

It failed about 5-6 times in the first 100miles or so, first error was about 20 miles out. Each time after restarting the car it cleared but came back again after just a few miles, on one occasion I had started the car in a layby (fault was cleared) and was just sending a text (handbrake was still on) and the error flashed up again.

Interestingly, on the way home in the dark (motorway and a-roads) I used this and it didn't fault once.

This morning I have just checked the forums, my OS release (UK) is OS 2.1.0 (I'm assuming as the OS release was updated just a few days ago I am now on the latest version), battery is fully charged (I did this with a AGM compatible CTEK trickle charger as soon as it was delivered because it flashed up saying low) and this morning I have just cleaned the top of the windscreen and the LR badge at the front (there was one small fly on the badge, other than that is was really clean).

So not a great start, will see what happens at the next drive and keep you posted...
Post #922594 24th Sep 2021 10:47am
SN

Haven't got root cause of mine yet - it wasn't a wheel speed sensor but when I was told it will be ready today, I asked what the fault was and all they said was "we've changed a module'

When I get to the dealership I'll push for some more info Thumbs Up Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #922596 24th Sep 2021 11:00am
Webless

United Kingdom 
That would be helpful to know, I suspect to get anywhere in one visit I'll need to go armed in with some suggestions based on prior known fixes ------------------------------
2021 MY P90 P400X, Santorini Black
Post #922598 24th Sep 2021 11:24am
Gareth

England 2003 Defender 90 Td5 CSW Oslo Blue
Mine did this yesterday, on a narrow lane surrounded by undergrowth. Just a ping and the message. Not other driving issue. After a restart it hasn’t reappeared. I put it down to the radar or camera thingy getting confused by the dense hedges.

Edit. Just read your first post and mine was No emergency brake assist or lane keep assist, so slightly different. 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #922617 24th Sep 2021 12:56pm
degreecy

United Kingdom 
Seems I have same problem on my MY20 110 X. Coincidence that it started appearing after the latest software upgrade (to 2.0.10e). Very inconvenient as emergency braking, cruise control etc. all were out of action for a long trip at the weekend!

Tried cleaning the cameras, sensors but no joy. Any views on whether its the software version, as other people seems to be on a 2.1.xx version.
Post #922995 27th Sep 2021 10:41am
degreecy

United Kingdom 
Fixed by LR Assist in 5 minutes.
Post #923221 28th Sep 2021 2:45pm
SN

Webless wrote:
That would be helpful to know, I suspect to get anywhere in one visit I'll need to go armed in with some suggestions based on prior known fixes

This was the gobbledygook on the form from Guy Salmon

Hope it helps Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #923303 28th Sep 2021 9:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1