↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics (L663) > LLAMS electronic height controller
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
umbertob

United States 
LLAMS electronic height controller
I installed a LLAMS Electronic Height Controller in my 2020 NAS Defender 110 last night. 5 long hours of painstakingly slow labor (mostly to tuck away the control switch cable, which runs from the rear right side panel in the cargo area to the steering column shroud of my LH drive Defender), I was going slow as I didn't want to lose or break too many of the clips holding the various interior trim panels in place, and you need to remove and reinstall quite a few to install the kit.

Totally worth the effort though, for those familiar with the LLAMS height controller (earlier versions of which have been available for years for older LR vehicles with EAS, such as my 2006 RRS and 2013 Disco/LR4), it's nice to see Graeme worked quickly to come up with a kit suitable for the new Defender. Video to follow.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround
Post #908543 19th Jun 2021 4:23pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
So for those of us not familiar what does it do and why?

THANKS
Post #908555 19th Jun 2021 7:22pm
umbertob

United States 
It increases or decreases the vehicle height, above or below the factory settings, at the flick of a switch. The default settings are -20 mm (LOW), off (no changes), +30 mm (MED) and +60 mm (HIGH.) So, in off-road height for example, you can achieve the equivalent of extended off-road height by turning the switch to HIGH. Or you can lower the car an extra 20 mm below access height to enter an especially low overhead garage, etc. Height changes happen on the fly and, unlike the factory settings, are not speed dependent.

I had the same module on my earlier Land Rovers and I really liked its features and ease of use, both on road and off. 2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround

Last edited by umbertob on 19th Jun 2021 8:12pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #908557 19th Jun 2021 7:35pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
THANKS for the explanation.
Post #908558 19th Jun 2021 7:38pm
umbertob

United States 
More professional videographers have an assistant... I don't, sorry. But this should give you a rough idea of how the LLAMS height controller operates. Remember, as long as your engine is running height changes are available on-the-fly (even while driving) and regardless of your vehicle speed or stock air suspensions status.

2020 NAS Defender 110 HSE 5-seater / Silver / Khaki / Black Pack / Black Roof / Satin Film / Cold Pack / Off-Road Pack / Advanced OR Pack / Comfort + Convenience Pack / Sirius + HD radio / HUD / Meridian Surround
Post #908654 20th Jun 2021 8:02pm
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Looks good, nice video and a lovely defender.
Post #908662 20th Jun 2021 9:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1