↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Dual Battery install - Redarc Redvision install, Day 1
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
2010Blackdefender90

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Station Wagon Santorini Black
That’s the BC-DC charger.... been out for many years, You can get the Manager 30, with U.K. plug for on shore charging, but Redvision is not available here until mid ‘21, probably because of some pathetic E.U regulation. The Redvision app is not on the U.K. app stores either. But, there is a way around that one too. Thumbs Up
Post #866485 10th Nov 2020 11:47am
2010Blackdefender90

Redvision install - final day 4
Everything installed, the Redvision powered up first time, the manager 30 beeped, and onto the app the configure the distribution box

I have all my lights, USB and 12v plugs, rear, rock and work lights hooked into the 10 amp circuits, 2 free for any other accessories, the fridge, front LED light bar and dual compressor on the 30 amp circuits, there is room to keep expanding.

Click image to enlarge

The configuration is simple and all run from the app, the screen here show the battery state, the switches, labelled.

Click image to enlarge

I need to run the Defender through a full cycle for the battery management to read the battery and display the hours, day etc of charge on the house battery. A decent run will do that.

The temp’s are internal and external sensors, I have one in the fridge, that is controlled by a Redarc gauge in the dash.

One cool feature, the digital I/O’s I have configured my rock lights to come on with the front led bar, and the rear lights to come one via a separate button, but also to be triggered when reverse is selected, and the headlights are on!

This screen is replicated at the back, same screen, where I can control everything if at the back, cooking etc.

So, all done, all cable tied up and the passenger seat finally back in, after a month.

Full review after I have used this system on a few trips, but so far, easy to install and set up, big plus, the miles of cables, relays and fuse blocks that have come out, not to mention the solar controller and panel, which has come off the roof, now have a blanket instead to save space.

Next up, install the Onboard air system.... this will deflate and inflate all four tyres, at once. Thumbs Up Plumbing skills next Whistle
Post #867735 16th Nov 2020 5:25pm
gurkang

Turkey 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Santorini Black
Hello,
You're genius! You did an excellent job I loved it. I bought Redarc Battery Manager 30 too. And I am still watching videos before I install. Yesterday I installed mine to my 2011 Defender 110. My fridg and led lights are working. Bu when I start engine Redarc manager did not start charging my house battery. My Dc input trigger setting was AUTO.
I have a question Smile Did you connect any wire to ignition trigger of Manager main unit? And did you change The DC Input Trigger settings? Or you left it Auto?
Smile
Post #908093 16th Jun 2021 9:30am
2010Blackdefender90

Hi,

I ran all my manager 30 connections to the Redvision, it’s all run from there, I did have to configure the manager 30 to battery type, amp hours etc. Redvision has a trigger to the starter battery, more to understand state of charge.

Sorry I can’t help you with your question directly, because my system is different to a stand alone manager 30

Good luck 👍🏻
Post #908398 18th Jun 2021 9:25am
gurkang

Turkey 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Santorini Black
Hi again,
I finally solved my problem. There was a contact problem with my ground connection. When I changed coonection place of ground cable all of my problems solved.
Aftet a few extra connection like lights, inverter etc it will be a good solution to buy redvision unit like you.
Thank you again 👍🏼😊
Post #909200 23rd Jun 2021 9:52pm
kmac

United Kingdom 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Which temp sensors are you using to monitor fridge temp and how has it been so far?

I have an Engel that I want to monitor in the front when driving.
Post #913297 20th Jul 2021 9:27pm
UtilityTruck

United Kingdom 
The redvision looks like a really awesome power distribution system- does it have to be used with the manager30? Presumably you could use an dc-dc (or 2 way or 3-way) charger? 2014 Keswick Utility 2.2
Post #946941 24th Mar 2022 11:41pm
mikeh501

United Kingdom 
Bet youve been watching 4wd 24/7 and have to say im a little addicted and jealous of their adventures around Oz. Love your setup, its a geek dream lol
Post #946962 25th Mar 2022 10:12am
smithmystery

2010Blackdefender90 wrote:
I need to stop watching YouTube videos of Aussies building their rigs... Rolling with laughter

They have awesome kit down there that we can’t get here, unless we import it.

I came across this thread while searching for wiring info for a similar setup. Did you ever draw up a diagram for this? I'm just getting started on the planning stages. Otherwise, any lessons learned or tips you can share?
Post #957490 6th Jul 2022 7:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12