↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Stolen > Stolen Lincolnshire
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
Procta

United Kingdom 
hank wrote:
Gutting. I'm acutely aware that any of us could wake up one morning to find the same. Hope it's found or you get a fair insurance payout

I would be re doubling security, on where its parked. We did after that mine was borrowed. CCTV isnt worth the paper its written on, PM me and i will show you our security Thumbs Up Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #907565 12th Jun 2021 7:00pm
scotty38

England 2012 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Aintree Green
Procta wrote:
scotty, get pictures out on local have your say groups on facebook, get it as hot as sodding possible! check local areas that are known for cars to be ragged etc, like local fields/ denes etc. I will put money that its still in the area and its been very local arseholes that's took it.
I know what its like, as i got a visit 7 days into the new year of 2019, the car was found days later, about 2 miles away from me, in a local dene, that is a 4x4 grave yard.

Keep your chin up pal,

Thanks but my nearest and only neighbour is 1/2 mile away, it's 2 miles to the nearest village, 5 miles to the nearest village with a shop and 8 miles to a town. The car couldn't be seen just by driving past either and I'm not exaggerating by saying we probably get fewer than 10-15 vehicles a day going by.
Sorry to say but whoever came here meant it and knew what they were coming for. At least that's what I think anyway.
Post #907587 13th Jun 2021 1:10am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Still scott i would get it about the local have your say groups, even though they are miles away etc. The lad that found imine was on one of the have your say groups in another town. Just in case someone who is not that local to you spots it etc.
Also still check locally to you, just in case its been stashed,

Sadly that is the case, they will have known about it, these are not taken by the off chance at all. I recon you could have been followed, to a certain degree, then they went back to check the place out later. For security etc then come back for it at a later. So they have been watching a while, to know how to strike. It could have been word of mouth from a local in one of the villages etc, You never know. I often suspected mine was stashed the night it was stolen, then they had fun with it during one of the nights, and destroyed it. One person who we spotted where mine was found, said that a defender had been there for a few days, Making it they destroyed it on the Tuesday night sadly. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #907588 13th Jun 2021 2:19am
scotty38

Yep thanks again and I've done that to be fair, well wife and kids have done the facebook stuff as I don't bother with it these days. I've driven round until I'm blue in the face but it's a bit of a needle in a haystack task though as so many options.....
Post #907614 13th Jun 2021 9:36am
ChrisCSL

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Gutted for you and finger crossed it will show up.

Many years ago I was burgled and my 993 Turbo stolen. Was picked up by the Police a couple of days later via tracker with two lads in it sitting in traffic. Luckily no chase and I got it back in one piece.

As Defenders are more distinctive vehicles they may be more likely to be spotted by a local Facebook community. Hope you get it back mate.
Post #907728 14th Jun 2021 8:40am
scotty38

Thanks and I hope so too. Yesterday was a bad day for me as I couldn't get it off my mind. I know it's an odd thing to say but I bought it new, I'm 59 now and I really did intend not buying another car....
Post #907738 14th Jun 2021 9:25am
scotty38

Just to put this one to bed I just accepted the NFU offer. Everything has been dealt with very well and looking at current pricing etc I'm happy with the offer.
I won't be going anywhere else for my insurance so the stories of good service have held up for me.

I still would prefer to have my own car back on the drive but given that's not much of an option I think I'm in as good a position as I could be.
Post #907922 15th Jun 2021 12:25pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
Crikey that was quick. I would have expected an insurance company to hold out agreeing to anything so soon. 2007 - Stornoway Grey 90 XS SW - Gone
2002 - Black Discovery II - Gone
2014 - Montalcino Red 110 XS SW
Post #907950 15th Jun 2021 4:08pm
Slideywindows

England 
Good news for you. Thumbs Up

And for me, as my house insurance is with the NFU.

But of course, the scum have got away with it again....... Evil or Very Mad
Post #907957 15th Jun 2021 4:54pm
Clemmo

England 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Stornoway Grey
Amazing NFU….
When my car was stolen I had to wait 28 days to ensure it wasn’t recovered.
That is so quick…
I hope you didn’t take first offer Wink
They always start low

Clemmo Make today a little better than yesterday but not so good as tomorrow....
Defender 90 HT............Pangea Green
BMW X3 Msport............Carbon Black
Mini Electric................Grey. (wow!)
MGB Roadster……..........Vermillion
Honda Benly CD200....Maroon ------------- Chausson 98.........7.5m of fun
Post #907985 15th Jun 2021 6:29pm
nitram17

scotty38 wrote:
Procta wrote:
scotty, get pictures out on local have your say groups on facebook, get it as hot as sodding possible! check local areas that are known for cars to be ragged etc, like local fields/ denes etc. I will put money that its still in the area and its been very local arseholes that's took it.
I know what its like, as i got a visit 7 days into the new year of 2019, the car was found days later, about 2 miles away from me, in a local dene, that is a 4x4 grave yard.

Keep your chin up pal,

Thanks but my nearest and only neighbour is 1/2 mile away, it's 2 miles to the nearest village, 5 miles to the nearest village with a shop and 8 miles to a town. The car couldn't be seen just by driving past either and I'm not exaggerating by saying we probably get fewer than 10-15 vehicles a day going by.
Sorry to say but whoever came here meant it and knew what they were coming for. At least that's what I think anyway.

They may have placed a tracker on your truck and followed you home!
Post #908005 15th Jun 2021 7:39pm
Landymatt

United Kingdom 
+1 for NFU home insurance by the way, we were burgled, did a tot-up of things that were stolen - jewellery and things that we didn’t have receipts for / were tricky to value, came to over £10k.
The NFU / their loss adjuster thought we’d under-egged it so revised up by almost 50%!
Couldn’t believe it and although they are far from the cheapest, we’ve moved house and gone with them again.
Post #908032 15th Jun 2021 9:25pm
scotty38

Nope didn't take the first offer, that came in first thing Monday then they got back to me again yesterday after I shared some more "examples" from autotrader. Could I have played the game and pushed back again, maybe, but the whole experience seemed very fair so I was ok with the second one. Give or take it's in the ballpark of most of the 2010-2011 examples on autotrader so just deciding what I want to do.....
Post #908075 16th Jun 2021 8:21am
scotty38

Procta wrote:
hank wrote:
Gutting. I'm acutely aware that any of us could wake up one morning to find the same. Hope it's found or you get a fair insurance payout

I would be re doubling security, on where its parked. We did after that mine was borrowed. CCTV isnt worth the paper its written on, PM me and i will show you our security Thumbs Up

Sorry, only just taken this in so pm on its way, thanks.
Post #908588 20th Jun 2021 5:26am
scotty38

nitram17 wrote:
scotty38 wrote:
Procta wrote:

Keep your chin up pal,

They may have placed a tracker on your truck and followed you home!

Yes I guess so but never having seen one I just assume it'd be magnetic and placed on the chassis, something like that???
Post #908589 20th Jun 2021 5:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>