Tow Pack
ClearSight Mirror
18" Gloss White Steel Wheels
Black Exterior Pack
Premium LED Headlights//Fog Lights
Adaptive Cruise Control
Cold Climate Pack
Off Road Pack

This is intended to be a "go anywhere comfortably" road trip/camping/overlanding/hiking/kayaking vehicle. It should arrive this week and, assuming I love it, will replace my 2014 Toyota Tacoma. I want something that is extremely capable from the factory and have cross-shopped with the 4Runner TRD Pro, GX460, Land Cruiser and Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

I am trying to determine the best path forward on roof utility. I have had a full roof rack and accompanying camper shell with cross bars on the Tacoma and I'm not sure which way to go with the Defender. I really like the fit/form/function of the LR Expedition Rack but I will be getting rid of my RTT, so a full rack isn't a true need. I am toying with the idea of getting some Yakima crossbars and associated storage box/basket that can be outfitted and stored in the garage without having to be on top of the truck full-time. Opinions here are welcome.

Eventually I'll look to install the LR front under shield as well as the rear recovery eyes. Both of these items are classified as wants rather than needs. I have never needed heavy aftermarket armor or recovery points due to my lack of interest in recreational off-roading.

If I don't hate the GY Adventure Tires I'll keep them. Otherwise, I have always had BFG KO2s and will upgrade if it becomes necessary.
Post #907226 10th Jun 2021 1:20pm
montpellier

Great to see the Defender back in the USA. People seem very pleased with the car and it has exceeded many peoples expectations. Hope you feel the same.
Post #907378 11th Jun 2021 10:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1