↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > TD5 Fuel Pipes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
rallysteve

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Keswick Green
TD5 Fuel Pipes
Whilst cleaning up and inspecting my old fuel pipes to put onto my old chassis yesterday it sadly seems that one of them has a couple of bits of nasty chafing which has already worn through the outer rubber sleeving and into the plastic pipe. It isnt worth the risk of fitting these and them developing a leak in the next year or so and now is the easiest chance to change them out. Of course this had to be on the longest and most expensive hose set which runs right from the engine back to the filter and pump Big Cry

However for my 2002 110 TD5 (with the older cylindrical fuel cooler) the part number should be WJP107910. However it seems that this part number is no longer available and has been superseded by the 4A> part WJP500090. This part number is fitted to vehicles with the later flat fuel cooler which looks to have differently orientated/positioned fuel unions.

Can anyone confirm if the later part fits the earlier fuel cooler please?

The Genuine parts are an eye watering £240 and I am finding myself being drawn towards the dreaded blue label branded ones at £140. Has anyone used the Britpart fuel pipes?

Cheers,
Steve 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread
84' 90 3.9 V8 Caged Pickup Build Thread - Now For Sale
Post #906753 7th Jun 2021 10:59am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I have a set of Britpart fuel pipes on my Disco 2, the four that run from the pump to the filter. I fitted these with great reluctance (my views on Britpart are well known) since there was no genuine alternative available at the time I needed them (I was jetting fuel out of a pin-hole).

They have been on for several years now I have to say that they have been totally satisfactory in every respect and every bit as good as genuine pipes. They are probably the only Britpart component that I have every felt was up to scratch, but I actually can't fault them.

I would not necessarily assume that other BP fuel pipes are any good, and I would not even expect another set of the ones I fitted to be the same as mine, though. I am deeply distrusting of the "blue box", sadly.
Post #906760 7th Jun 2021 11:42am
dorsetsmith

Can anyone confirm if the later part fits the earlier fuel cooler please? see for your self - both fuel line quick release are 7.89mm

Click image to enlarge

06 reg orange line shows end of the fuel retune pipe on later flat type cooler

Click image to enlarge

53 reg red line shows end of the fuel retune pipe on round cooler
Post #906768 7th Jun 2021 12:26pm
dorsetsmith

Have only converted from round type to later type flat cooler and pre 04 fuel pipe work is long enough ( you have to replace coolant piping as lay out changes for later type cooler

short fuel pipe extension may be needed
Post #906773 7th Jun 2021 12:45pm
rallysteve

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Keswick Green
Thanks both,

Will hope the later part number can stretch the extra few inches to the cooler. If not i will make up an adaptor. I also think I could potentially reverse the two connections on the fuel cooler as the pipe from the FPR is longer than it really needs to be.

Will have to make the decision on the brand of the pipes when I reach for my wallet.

Cheers,
Steve 02' 110 TD5 Double Cab Rebuild Thread
84' 90 3.9 V8 Caged Pickup Build Thread - Now For Sale
Post #906896 8th Jun 2021 10:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1