↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2022MY (L663) > 11.4inch display
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
11.4inch display
I've just been playing on the new configurator, and it appears to me that for some of the lower end (and when I say lower end I'm still talking some big bucks) Defender options there is no longer the option to upgrade the size of the central screen. I couldn't find this on Defender S or SE models or X Dynamic S or SE models (even for the P400e at SE - a £70K spec!). Instead you have to go for HSE trim (or XS) - I didn't bother looking at the V8 models - I assume this will be fine.

I ordered a Defender S with a bunch of options, including the larger central display. Will be interesting to see what actually turns up.
Post #905579 29th May 2021 7:21am
Al_Ra

England 
Same boat - my SE is due to built next month and is specced with the bigger screen.

I think we'll probably get them (someone on FB posted an image of their newly delivered S/SE with larger screen) but if not I'm not overly concerned since I think the smaller one fits the dash design better anyway.
Post #905582 29th May 2021 8:31am
Kubrick1978

United Kingdom 
Agreed! Not the end of the world if we end up with the smaller screen, but interesting how JLR start limiting minor (and relatively cheap - £140) upgrades to the HSE models. They're obviously very aware that if you pick an S or SE and go for a few extras you end up with a vehicle that looks and feels the same as an HSE (aside from the Windsor Leather) - and can have more off road ability for less £££ (particularly with larger tyre walls). I suspect they may just be pushing the XS. The way I've specified my Landy, the only thing that is 'low-end' is the cheapest D200 engine - but it looks like the 6-cylinder D200 works favourably and is comparable to the 4-cylinder D240 - which gets a great write-up. The lack of extra torque and HP doesn't really bother me. I guess they need to differentiate more between S/SE/HSE specs - but if I was ordering a new £70K P400e SE I'd expect to have a larger screen if I wanted it.
Post #905584 29th May 2021 8:54am
tooth_dr

Northern Ireland 
Damn it! I wanted the bigger screen too, but like you, I think the smaller screen works well with the the layout of the dash. Maybe something to do with the shortage of components, making sure they have enough to fulfil the orders for the higher spec. I'm hoping to confirm my order today of my 110 Cool
Post #905590 29th May 2021 9:38am
Tim in Scotland

It’s not unknown for there to be spec glitches with the updates to the configurator so check with your dealer before getting despondent that you might not be able to have the bigger screen Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #905603 29th May 2021 10:35am
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 1998 Defender 90 V8 Petrol 50th Auto Chawton White
I noticed on the xs that it has cruise control as standard but you can't spec adaptive cruise control which seems a bit weird as it's probably just a part of the software to switch it on Confused Cheers Ian
--------------------
22MY Defender 110 D200 SE, Fuji White.
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Instagram @defender_v8
Post #905611 29th May 2021 12:30pm
The_hog

Iceland 
One thing the bigger screen has. It´s nearer to your fingers about one inch, am I not right. So, less stretching.
Post #905782 31st May 2021 12:27am
4B4B

United Kingdom 
I was on the fence about if I should spend the extra £140 to get the larger screen. The cost was no issue really, and under normal circumstances it would be a no-brainer. But there was something I liked about the smaller screen fitting in with the crossmembers. Watching one of the JLR Defender Design Team’s videos confirmed to me, where they talked about keeping the instruments in the lines of the dash, the reason I liked the smaller screen.

Well, it’s dead easy now, the choice has been taken away on the model I’ve ordered! Defender 90 HSE 250D 2022MY - Gave up after two failed orders
Post #905847 31st May 2021 3:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1