↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Modifications & Maintenance (L663) > Wheel arch protection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dazadd

United Kingdom 
Wheel arch protection
Fitted the Wheel arch protection (VPLEP0379), greatly improves the look of the car in my opinion and makes it look more like the off road machine it is, rather than an urban run around, although the best 4x4 no matter what the use!. Before and after below.

Fitting was straight forward but the old wheel arch trims are unusable once removed, no matter how careful you are, the white clips seem to deform and snap the clip attachment points, be warned if you need to remove them for any reason.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 D240 110 First Edition
(1XD3, 4xD4s and a D5 now gone)
Member of Disco Forums since 2006
Post #902249 9th May 2021 8:41pm
SN

Yep - I'm a big fan pf the extended arches too!

Click image to enlarge

Though I accept if you have an X-Dynamic its not so straightforwards - standard wheel arch extensions won't match up with the gloss black trim at bottom of the doors. Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #902276 9th May 2021 11:53pm
Brookester824

United Kingdom 

Click image to enlarge

Love em
Post #903571 17th May 2021 3:29pm
Tim in Scotland

Last Saturday a large box arrived at my house from PowerfulUK containing an OEM wheel arch extension kit. £60 cheaper than going to my local dealer, no charge for the courier fee too. Am I brave enough to start ripping the old set off the car now I’m getting courage to do my own mods after redesigning the picnic table not to need angle pieces..........I’m a bit worried how well the sticky tape on the extensions will take to the PPF that covers my wheel arches. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #903572 17th May 2021 3:36pm
J77

Scotland 
I’m still debating if I should get them or not.

I’ve fitted the metal pedals and the load space tread plate. The metal pedals were only £32 or something for the genuine ones compared to LRs £100+ 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #903575 17th May 2021 4:06pm
Sepp

Germany 
Tim in Scotland wrote:
........I’m a bit worried how well the sticky tape on the extensions will take to the PPF that covers my wheel arches.

Not to disencourage you.

Had mine fitted by the dealer with delivery of the car.
After having had some unplanned physical contact with hostile environment, one wheel arch has had to be replaced together with some minor cold metal forming and paintworks. Has been done by professional repair shop (well known, proven reliable, and with good reputation) with OEM spare parts.
Well, replaced wheel arch started to come off after just one week with two gaps of about 1/4'' wide at the front and rear most bent postion of the arch. Sticky tape not sticky enough.
Post #903704 18th May 2021 11:55am
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
I had the same - both sides - in same spot - I guess the dealer did not prime well when fitting.

They just changed them - not seen the car since ... should be returned tomorrow?
Post #903736 18th May 2021 2:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1