Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Talcuf

United Kingdom 
90 Hard Top 2 Months Ownership
Hi to all
HardTop Blue, White Steels

Absolutely impressed and amazed by all the positive remarks I get, only two things that I’m would like changed, firstly I am sure I won’t be the only one carrying their dogs, there is no rear ventilation and no outlets for the air conditioning to the rear load area I assume the 90 with seats has rear blowers and the hardware and software has been deleted for hard top build, does anyone know if there is an easy way to retro fit this. Secondly the data/charge points are a problem with the jump seat any one sitting in this seat needs to be careful not to damage any connected cables, would make much more sense to have them higher up on the dash, I am sure some clever person will come up with a mod for this, other than that at the moment it’s one of the best vehicles I have owned
Post #901166 3rd May 2021 12:41pm
MBurns48

United Kingdom 2002 Defender 90 Td5 HT Baltic Blue
Hi! Great choice of car - such a smart bit of kit in that configuration. How have you found the D200 engine and coil springs?
Post #901353 4th May 2021 6:26pm
Talcuf

United Kingdom 
Engine really smooth and incredibly quiet a few admirers have thought it was electric, tows well. Coil springs are fine if I was buying again I would choose the same spec, really like the mixture of modern interior but the basic plastic floor covering is a dream to clean comes up like new with just a wipe with an interior spray. I really wanted it with leather heated steering wheel but the plastic one is fine and again easy to clean. I came from 30 years plus of pickup ownership and wanted a change it is a challenge/ learning curve with the small carrying space but I just hook up a trailer if need be. I am fortunate to have a choice of vehicles to use but the 90 is the one I use most, brilliant I just hope it will be more reliable than my previous Vouge.
Post #901421 4th May 2021 10:49pm
J77

Scotland 
No complaints here either for the D200 and coils. 24MY 90 D250 HSE, Tasman Blue
Post #901423 4th May 2021 10:52pm
Farmerben

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Keswick Green
Has anyone got a PCP deal on a hard top through LR? Not an option on the website https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #901501 5th May 2021 1:33pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
It used to be listed - but was not a good deal as residuals were 10K less than car version.

So maybe they withdrew it?
Post #901528 5th May 2021 4:00pm
Farmerben

They've not even got HP on there and even the BCH keeps throwing an error message. https://instagram.com/bentheoandrews
Post #901535 5th May 2021 4:59pm
Swac3

Re: 90 Hard Top 2 Months Ownership
Nice to hear other owners observations,

For me there's a few things that seem obvious but seemingly not to land-rover.

The back of the 3rd seat OK great has a cup holder but what is the point of the tiny little tray? It should have been big enough to have the wireless phone charger pad in it surely, or at the very least be big enough to put your phone in.

Rear load liner is crap, already had bin bag `juice` trickle between the gaps, why on earth there isn't a one piece solid liner for a commercial is beyond me.

Load space lashing points and hooks just seem to have had zero thought re the logical use of load nets to secure stuff to one side or the other as there's no mid level hooks at the load partition

For me one of the unfortunate issues with the new vs old 90 is loading/unloading anything at all in the back gone is the lovely flat crossmember and now you're cleaning the rear bumper with your trousers when you put anything in the back.

Don't get me wrong I do love the truck, 😂 3 Landrovers
Post #902828 13th May 2021 11:09am
Ryderoo

England 2015 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Santorini Black
Farmerben wrote:
Has anyone got a PCP deal on a hard top through LR? Not an option on the website

I’ve got a PCP on my order. Ordered in March was option also HP was option on the configuration. Cheers Simon

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you

2015 Urban Truck 90 XS Santorini Black Hard Top - Reluctantly gone
2020 Discovery 5 Eiger Grey 3.0 SE
2021 Defender S D250 Santorini Black 110 Hard Top on the drive
Post #902831 13th May 2021 11:23am
Farmerben

Post #902834 13th May 2021 11:50am
Betsy11

Re: 90 Hard Top 2 Months Ownership
Talcuf wrote:
Hi to all
HardTop Blue, White Steels

Absolutely impressed and amazed by all the positive remarks I get, only two things that I’m would like changed, firstly I am sure I won’t be the only one carrying their dogs, there is no rear ventilation and no outlets for the air conditioning to the rear load area I assume the 90 with seats has rear blowers and the hardware and software has been deleted for hard top build, does anyone know if there is an easy way to retro fit this. Secondly the data/charge points are a problem with the jump seat any one sitting in this seat needs to be careful not to damage any connected cables, would make much more sense to have them higher up on the dash, I am sure some clever person will come up with a mod for this, other than that at the moment it’s one of the best vehicles I have owned

Did you find a fix for installing ventilation to the rear? I was planning on buying a 110 Hardtop but like you would be carrying the dogs and it’s not going to work for me if I can’t ventilate that area.
Post #918252 22nd Aug 2021 10:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1