↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Series Land Rovers > My Series III
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 14 <123 ... 121314>
Print this entire topic · 
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
Little to report, I've been busy sorting something else out which I may create a new thread for Wink

Try to use the Series at least once a week even if its just collecting Hen & duck feed.

Last week took the kids to collect some blackberries to make apple / Blackberry crumble Smile

Came home and my wife was at home and said the signal wasn't working as I tuned in... So went out to look. What should have been a quick fix (typically) has ended up a bigger job. Razz Found the issue broken wire.... but then checked all the other lights. No Headlights....

So start taking them apart and again the wiring pretty shot, the connections / surrounds / everything really....

My passenger side now looks like this Rolling Eyes

Click image to enlarge

However, just under £70 later, I have on order a lucas set of bowls, surrounds, fitting kit, some ring headlights, new bulbs and indicators.

Nice little job ahead, painting an rustproofing what I have uncovered and then fitting the new bits. I hope its just the old wiring as I don't like electrical jobs.
Post #854801 7th Sep 2020 7:19pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
Realised I've not updated anything for ages...

In answer to question earlier its brush / roller painted using paint from paddocks.

I sorted the front lights with new bowls, bulbs, lenses etc..

Click image to enlarge

Due to a big garden project any work on the series has been put on hold. So my single garage at back of house has been dismantled and my updated picture I hope will show the new garage...

Currently

Click image to enlarge

On a positive note I have entered my first show of 2021 Smile
Post #901378 4th May 2021 7:36pm
CA_Series_IIa

United States 1997 Defender 110 300 Tdi SW Alpine White
Just wanted to say that blue (marine blue?) looks really nice with the galvanized trim pieces! My Series has painted trim and one day I'd like to get back to galvanized. I'm also considering painting it marine blue so these pictures are great!

Stacey007 wrote:
OK so very little room for 4 People and camping gear in a 88" when camping especially if your used to a 110 Smile

Fixed this by doing up a little trailer.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Sorted Thumbs Up
Post #927301 27th Oct 2021 8:10am
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
^ Thanks Smile

New addition to the fleet.... Willow, She's been out in the 110 not the Series as yet.

Click image to enlarge
Post #927841 30th Oct 2021 4:03pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
Not posted for ages, new garage has been built... you may have seen my other thread on this.

So that's nice having somewhere to keep dry while working on.

Click image to enlarge

We have just been on our first show of 2022 and was invited on the Main ring by the Chief Steward @ the Royal county Cheshire Show.

Some pictures from the show, Willow the Cockerpoo approves Smile She even managed to fall asleep on the way home which is saying something in a series Smile

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

claim to fame, main ring and was 'interviewed' about the car Smile

Click image to enlarge
Post #956416 24th Jun 2022 10:21am
AndyS

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Sumatra Black
I've been looking since Christmas and found a good one yesterday, deposit paid and it gets delivered next week (it was too much of a pain to bus - train - tube - bus to go and get it).

Looking forward to it.

Click image to enlarge
Post #989337 18th Apr 2023 9:41am
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Looks smart, but what happened to the wipers?

(It looks as though someone has either fitted a late Defender wiper motor or fitted the wheel-boxes upside down, since they are parked at the wrong end of the sweep).
Post #989355 18th Apr 2023 11:34am
AndyS

I did notice that but figured that they've switched it off while they're running? Important thing was the clean chassis, running gear and bodywork.

Thanks for the comment though, I'll see if I can get them to sort it before delivery.

Last edited by AndyS on 18th Apr 2023 12:11pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #989360 18th Apr 2023 12:06pm
blackwolf

I have to say that it does look very tidy in the photo. If it is as good as it looks, you have done well. Thumbs Up
Post #989361 18th Apr 2023 12:10pm
AndyS

Click image to enlarge

Agricultural they say! It's more like a Route Master bus. 🤣

Annoyingly I bent the drivers step while reversing up the drive (Trucksaurus doesn't have side steps so I forgot about them). If anyone wants an 'as new' passenger side step let me know. It does actually look new or recently new so might be useful to someone.

It needs lots of little jobs (dealer did the wipers) like none of the keys match and it has a radio and a rear view mirror - what's the point? So they'll come out and it needs a spare wheel, has the bulkhead fittings but no wheel. Engine sounds a bit tappy and the manuals have just arrived so will look at that.

Good fun though. Might look at getting the steering sharpened up a bit and a disk brake conversion.
Post #989662 20th Apr 2023 2:10pm
Stacey007

United Kingdom 
Looks very Smart Smile

Thumbs Up
Post #989663 20th Apr 2023 2:21pm
gcc130

Smart looking truck👍
The only problem with a disc brake conversion is that with most kits you will loose the original wheels and have to use aftermarket ones such as eight spokes or modulars. You may possibly get away with Wolf rims. The only kit that works with series rims is the Paul Hastee kit which is basically a new swivel housing casting with two lugs and uses standard 90 discs and calipers. It is much more expensive than others such as Zeus and I’m not even sure if it’s being imported since Brexit.
I would like to put a disc conversion on the front of my 1958 88” but I want to retain my one tonne rims.
Post #989668 20th Apr 2023 3:19pm
blackwolf

Looks good. I presume that you have a front number plate? The wipers look so much better already.

Personally I would not bother with a disk brake conversion, the standard 10" drums work just fine when correctly adjusted and you just need to remember that you are driving a vehicle with 10" drum brakes. Does it have a brake servo? If not, you could fit one (I can't remember if the SIII SWB had one fitted as standard, I suspect by then they did). I've never felt the need for a brake upgrade on any of my Series Ones (10" drums, no servo) and in the past I used to tow up to 3.1/2 tons regularly with them (slowly, it must be admitted).
Post #989687 20th Apr 2023 5:11pm
Dinnu

Malta 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Santorini Black
Seen once a Series with a 200tdi/earlier swivels/hubs and hence discs/calipers bolted to a series axle tube. But have no details of how it was done, especially what half shafts were used. I am sure the spring seats on the axle have to be rotated or wedged to allow the track rod to go over the springs, so get the diff nose up same as on a Defender. 1988 90 Hard Top, 19J Diesel Turbo, Shire Blue - Restoration ongoing
2012 90 CSW, 2.2TDCI, Santorini Black
Post #989690 20th Apr 2023 5:28pm
AndyS

Blackwolf, yes there is a front number plate but I removed it from the picture (only while the paperwork is coming through, I don't know why I do that but it doesn't feel mine until I've got a load of envelopes for it). Thanks for the info on the brakes, I've not looked through the paperwork yet, there are a few receipts and for all I know, it might have new shoes that need bedding in.

Probably a silly question but does it have a choke? I can't find one! It's an '83 2.3 diesel.
Post #989703 20th Apr 2023 7:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 14 <123 ... 121314>