↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Orders 2021MY (L663) > Price change - contract signed in January, who pays?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
culturaldisaster

Germany 
Price change - contract signed in January, who pays?
Hi there,

i have a big question. I signed and placed an order for a new Defender back in January.
Now with the change from 2021 model to 2022 there is some price increase (3000 euro..).
Obviously for the bigger screen i will pay, because that was not available before placing the order, but for the rest, do I really need to give in and have a new contract signed?

Did somebody experience the same?

Thanks!
Post #901191 3rd May 2021 3:11pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
What does your current contract say? 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #901195 3rd May 2021 3:22pm
culturaldisaster

Germany 
I cannot find anything regarding future price change in it, if that is the question
Post #901196 3rd May 2021 3:25pm
Bluest

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Java Black
I think it’ll come down to what your contract says about the commitment of the dealer to deliver you a vehicle for a set price. If there is any clause that allows them to cancel due to a change in circs. which there probably is, then you will have to suck it up. An irate call to Land Rover customer service might illicit some good will. 2007 110 TDCi Station Wagon XS
Post #901201 3rd May 2021 3:59pm
Tim in Scotland

Did you pay a deposit on placing the order? Every dealership I have dealt with honoured the price at ordering the car and paying the deposit even when there were price increases. Even Mini held the price of my ordered Countryman when the tax for vehicles over £40000 came in here and a price rise took the price over £40k they paid all the tax but invoiced the car at the full list price on delivery day I only paid the price when I ordered the car in November 2017 - it was delivered in June 2018 not the February that it was supposed to have arrived. Pangea Green D250 90 HSE with Air Suspension, Off-road Pack, Towing Pack, Black Contrast roof , rear recovery eyes, Front bash plate, Classic flaps all round, extended wheel arch kit and a few bits from PowerfulUK Expel Clear Gloss PPF to come
2020 D240 1st Edition in Pangea Green with Acorn interior. Now gone - old faithful, no mechanical issues whatsoever ever but the leaks and rattles all over the place won’t be missed!
Post #901289 4th May 2021 9:29am
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
If the vehicle they're supplying is different to the vehicle you ordered, you should be given the option to walk away at the very least. What if the price had increased by €20k?
Post #901290 4th May 2021 9:39am
culturaldisaster

Germany 
Unfortunately they didn’t ask for any downpayment, i guess because if i would cancel they could sell it in a milisecond. What is really funny is actually the whole process. Considering that i am paying for a 90000 euro car i am treated like Censored . My sales rep didn’t know about any changes from 2021 to 2022, after placing the order end of January the first update i got was beginning April confirming finally the build dates. Also the configuration was wrong that was submitted, if i don’t go through it in detail it would have had a lot of things that was different from my signed config. I basically had to do the work of the sales rep and now i am just Censored that for 6 month waiting i will also have to pay on top.
Post #901291 4th May 2021 9:41am
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
I'd just walk away. If you're determined to drive a LR, find a 2nd hand Discovery and trade it in next year or the year after for an updated Defender when the world has returned to normal.
Alternatively, plenty of other marques out there.
Post #901303 4th May 2021 10:47am
culturaldisaster

Germany 
You are totally right. I should walk away, i have never experienced such unprofessionalism by my previous car purchases, perhaps i am still in shock over it. Well perhaps i will still try the Karen card and talk with the manager of the place and see where it goes Very Happy
Post #901348 4th May 2021 4:35pm
Birdy

France 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
"I should walk away"

Yup! Brauchst du wirklich so dringend einen Defender?

Peter
Post #901364 4th May 2021 6:21pm
culturaldisaster

Germany 
Sorry, but i am waiting since January, would not really say that i have been overly anxious about it, i had another car, which i have sold last month, and i knew i needed to wait due to the big demand. Now with covid I am not in a rush have also my motorbike, but once vaccinated would like to cross some boarders...
Point I want to make here is that I have chosen this car, because I wanted to configure it to my liking, loved the design and need the towing power. I am just disappointed about the sales rep and my experience, so wanted to know if only my sales rep wants to rip me over even though i wanted to order some other accessories where i would guess they make also a handsome markup....whatever Big Cry
Post #901365 4th May 2021 6:40pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
l ordered my 90 Commercial in January, the same vehicle is now nearly U.K.£4,000 more expensive on the configurator.

The base vehicle price has increased from £47,250 to £50,995

l put down a £1,000 deposit with my order, so hopefully the increase won't be passed on to me but if it is, l won't proceed with the order at close to £55,000 for what's effectively a posh small van.
Post #954962 8th Jun 2022 4:11pm
lightning

United Kingdom 
Received an email from Guy Salmon today, the price of my order has gone up from £50,995 to £54,250

lt seems that placing an order with a deposit gives no security on the price you'll pay on delivery. Land Rover already deleted the D200 when l ordered, increasing the base vehicle price by £3,000

So my standard specification D90 Commercial order has effectively gone up £6,250 since l signed the order.

l don't know if l am prepared to pay £6,250 more than was agreed at the point of sale.
Post #955510 14th Jun 2022 7:29pm
mse

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Scotia Grey
I think it gives you the right to cancel, but I’ve cancelled a few times and got deposits back Mike
Post #955518 14th Jun 2022 7:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1