↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > In Car Electronics > Dbl DIN Alpine + Road Angel Rev Camera
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Fooknose

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black
Dbl DIN Alpine + Road Angel Rev Camera
Hi all. First post this, thanks to you all for superb info, great for a LR newbie. 4 weeks into my 2014MY 110XS SW (with interesting(?) red leather seats).

So far - Removed OEM Alpine sgl DIN (anyone want?) for 7" screen Dbl DIN Alpine INE-W720D (but with single body (Single form factor). Went ok with new fascia (MUD) but not sitting perfectly yet- TBC. Added Road Angel rev camera and now found I need to spend another £25 for an adaptor as the camera is RCA but the Alpine is not - should have bought the cheaper Alpine camera. I'll add pictures if of use to anyone. John
Post #901212 3rd May 2021 5:49pm
glpinxit

United Kingdom 
Are you installing the new unit in the original single DIN slot? If so I’d be interested in pictures as I originally dismissed this unit after assuming it was unsuitable for this. (I’m particularly interested to see what access is like to standard switches.) Cheers, Guy.
Post #901246 3rd May 2021 8:42pm
Fooknose

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Santorini Black

The stereo is superb actually and well worthwhile. No, I have a new fascia to take a 7" screen which I think is classed as Dbl Din, but the box at the back is like a single. My alignment issue is tiny and might be down LOTS of wires (many redundant) or a slight bent air duct high up. I also removed a steel bracket at the back to ensure enough room. Will send current photo tomorrow (when its not hoofing it down). I cut the 2 lugs off the bottom of the brackets that hold the stereo as they seemed to exacerbate the fitting issue.
Post #901254 3rd May 2021 9:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1