Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
lumbstar

United Kingdom 
MY20 D240SE - Tasman
I realised I just hijacked someone else’s thread Mad
Need to learn the ropes around here!

Here’s mine!
I picked this up late March so it’s on 21 plates, from dealer stock with no IVA’s or DVLA delays!

D240SE with plenty of spec options; tow bar, black pack, black roof, sunroof, privacy glass, comfort pack, winter pack, Windsor leather...I’ve added the roof rack, ladder, mud flaps and rubber mats etc.
It was from dealer stock and with decent discount so feeling pretty lucky when I read the MY21 & MY22 order thread.
Tyres to change at some point and side steps to add, otherwise loving it so far!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 D240 SE 110-Tasman
Audi S4 B9, Audi S3 8V, Defender 110 TD5 HT
Post #900442 28th Apr 2021 9:30pm
SN

Tasman Blue is a funny colour with the light - didn't realise it was Blue until the third photo.

It gets terribly dusty on the shopping run, you need a RAI! Laughing Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)
Post #900459 28th Apr 2021 11:11pm
cyberhusky

Luxembourg 
Congrats. Still waiting for mine Tasman blue but white roof 22MY Defender 110 (actual) | 10MY Freelander 2 (history) | 15MY Discovery Sport HSE (history)
Post #900461 28th Apr 2021 11:21pm
Simon Audi

United Kingdom 
Just a suggestion

For the side steps - obviously there is aftermarket options for the 400 to 500 pound mark

Originals are around the £850 mark.

When I was searching last week - I went to Guy Salmon Land Rover (guysalmonparts.com)

They had a promotion the first time you connect - where you spin the wheel of fortune to get a discount. (if you win less discount - use a different device and email address and try again)

I got a 25% discount as a result - so delivered they were just under £645.

Then I bought the clips from LRparts. (MUCH cheaper than form Guy Salmon) and still genuine.

You need a minimum of 28 clips for the sill - LR112137 - £0.10 each + vat (Suggest you buy 40 at the price to have spares)

You probably need just 2 - small white clips behind wheel arch (back) - £1.37 + vat each (Suggest you buy 4)

Then the clips under the sill - you do not need these unless you break them - HYQ100060 POY - £2.42 + vat each (suggest you buy 2)

Then the postage from them is £7.00 - so cheaper to buy more than you need - rather than order and pay postage twice.

Fitting - taking it easy was around 1 1/2 to 2 hours a side. - watch the Powerful Video First.

The only thing you need to remove trim wise to fit is

Unclip the wheel arch liner at the back - inside the door only.

Carefully pull the trim off between the front wheel and door (they break easy - trim - not just the clips) (Mud flap too if fitted at front)

Remove the air deflectors at the back - near the wheel (5 bolts)

Then remove the 9 reusable clips under the sill (These took 50% of the time!)

DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING ELSE UNDERNEATH CAR THERE IS NO NEED.

Then pull off the Sill Cover starting at the back - all the clips will break.

Once off - remove all broken old clips (14) with a plastic V pry tool between paint and rubber.

Then do the two cut outs on the Sill Cover - Drill for back radius (hole saw) and vibrating saw for the straight cuts - no need for the external radius. File to clean up the burrs from cutting. (Use a block of wood behind and G clamp the Sill to the wood - hole saw)

Under the car - you need to trim the fibre underfloor.

Offer up the hanging brackets in the correct position (use Pacman holes and use the correct bracket - 4 different).

Draw around them. Then cut out a section around 5mm bigger than what you marked using a tin snips / shears / nipper

Then assemble all - and refit all trims ... careful again not to break lower trim clips reassembling.

The white clips are up under the wheel arch liner you removed.

Hope that saves you time and money.
Post #900464 29th Apr 2021 5:48am
Defendit..

Netherlands 
Very helpfull Simon, thx ! No Mud flaps for my 90.!
-----------------------------------------
P300 S on air, adv.+ offroad pack, DRL+fog, Dinamica Suedecloth + Ebony headliner/Cross Beam- Many Mods..
Post #900468 29th Apr 2021 7:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1